Urgent!! UM2 won't turn on

addyyousef

Posted · Urgent!! UM2 won't turn on

I left my UM2 printing. Came back 10 mins later to find it dead like it was powered off only the controller blinking red. Tried clicking the power button, and disconnecting it from electricity but didn't turn back on.

It won't connect to the computer, won't do anything. It's dead.

Please help ASAP!!

Thanks

If a device is blinking red and has no power anymore this usually means "don't turn it on again". I strongly recommend to contact Ultimaker support, best by phone.

But I did try to turn it on again! It didn't say anything in the manual!

Thanks will call them now

Is it red or purple? (It's broken all the same, and you should handle it with support, but I'm just curious, as red LEDs should not happen normally)

Is it red or purple? (It's broken all the same, and you should handle it with support, but I'm just curious, as red LEDs should not happen normally)

It was red. Called support and they were as curious as you!! i guess I'll just have to wait.

to find it dead like it was powered off only the controller blinking red.

1) Controller? You mean power brick? The black thing? Or did you remove the bottom cover?

2) Was the display black?

3) Please update your country in your location settings, thanks.

If the printer won't print but the display is lit up just fine then there may be a simple fix. If the blinking red is on the brick then there also may be a simple fix.

I've had problems with my Ultimaker power bricks that was fixed by leaving it unplugged for a long time (like a day). It should be blue solid when working.

1) Controller? You mean power brick? The black thing? Or did you remove the bottom cover?

2) Was the display black?

3) Please update your country in your location settings, thanks.

If the printer won't print but the display is lit up just fine then there may be a simple fix. If the blinking red is on the brick then there also may be a simple fix.

I've had problems with my Ultimaker power bricks that was fixed by leaving it unplugged for a long time (like a day). It should be blue solid when working.

By the controller I meant the button. It was blinking red, at least not anymore!! The display was off. As for the power brick I left it unplugged for half a day. The light on the power brick is solid blue. Nothing is blinking at the bottom of the printer.

Issue was solved.

I received a new Electronics Board from ultimaker. Apparently the reason of all of this was 2 wires that were melt and fused with each other causing a short circuit.

Thank you all for your input.

Apparently the reason of all of this was 2 wires that were melt and fused with each other causing a short circuit.

Do you have a picture? Can you post it? That would be very helpful for future people with the same issue.

Do you have a picture? Can you post it? That would be very helpful for future people with the same issue.

I'm afraid I don't have any pictures. I already fixed the problem.

Can you at least describe what you did to fix it as I think this would be helpful to know in the future?

I know this is old but I thought I'd comment about a similar problem I had.

My UM2 died 10 mins into a print as yours did, although I had no lights no nothing, wouldn't turn on or anything. Power brick was fine (tested with multimeter).

I had recently replaced the nozzle temperature sensor.

Turns out when I unscrewed the hot end and screwed it back up again after feeding the thermocouple wires through, I had just nipped the corners of the fan wires in between two of the aluminium pieces. I didn't realize I had done this and it didn't give me a problem until the hot end heated up thoroughly then the insulation melted and the wires shorted out.

It was simple to fix by separating the wires and re-insulating them. My UM2 is now back in business.

I thought, like you, that I would need a new board as it appeared totally dead. Very pleased it was such a simple (and stupid on my part) problem.