mat material ?

izo2

Posted · mat material ?

hello,

it's look like a lot of people like shiny material like pla.

but i love much more mat material like abs ,

mat material looks make the surface more clean.

aside abs, is there some mat material out there ?

Posted · mat material ?

Diamond Age Solutions in NZL has a 'tactical matt black'. It is quite difficult to print and the difference to standard black concerning gloss is not dramatically.

What about using standard colors and sanding it?

Posted · mat material ?

This is something I've searched for as well. I've used dozens of filaments at this point, here are the lowest gloss PLA's I've found:

Reprapper.com White, Blue PLA - Not the greatest filament quality (I don't think it's pure PLA: prints a little smelly, sometimes has blobbing issues) but the finish is very matte, almost ABS like. It is cheap though, and very nice prints are possible.

Gizmo Dorks Pink Rose - Good quality filament, cheap, satin finish that is halfway between traditional PLA and ABS. I like the color, but it isn't appropriate for all prints.

I've used most of Diamond Age's colors, much of Ultimachine's, much of Gizmo Dorks, much of Ultimaker's, etc... I've also asked most of those suppliers about making matte versions of their PLA... apparently it isn't easy to do.

Let us know if you find anything else.

Posted · mat material ?

well since xt, i didn't print pla anymore.

xt is not mat but scatter more the light and it's look great.

still, i like a lot how look abs.

well if colorfabb read this post, i wish a mat xt FOR christmas :p

Posted · mat material ?

well if colorfabb read this post, i wish a mat xt FOR christmas :p

Hi izo2, we actually already made matte black XT and matte transparent XT. The result wasn't great, difference in gloss was hardly noticeable.

Our PLA/PHA prints very matte on the Makerbot Replicator 2 and also on 1.75mm E3D hot-ends. Printing with a matte surface finish is all about your printing speed, temperature and layer height. 195C, 70-80 mm/s at 0.2mm layer height and 100% cooling fan works great for 1.75mm filament. I have not been able to do this trick on the Ultimaker hot-ends.

Posted · mat material ?

Actually, this filament from Colorfabb proved to be very mat. Someone showed it to us on an Ulti-evening:

http://colorfabb.com/bluish-white#.VF9Y7J9Z2Ao

He made an opera mask from it(something like this http://www.pxleyes.com/images/contests/masks-3/fullsize/Opera-mask-50aae5997b1c1_hires.jpg ) But it looked so sweet and mat. He's on the forums here too somewhere.

Posted · mat material ?

ok,

i didn't try to print under 210,

i print my colorfab around 220, or i had under extrusion issue.

i tried my tumbler, on pla, it's not efficient.

i'll try on xt

Posted · mat material ?

Same here. I need to print at higher temp even at slow speed to prevent under extrusion with most of my colorfabb PLA. That reduce bridging quality a lot :(. I still dont understand why...

I do not include XT in this.

Posted · mat material ?

Actually, this filament from Colorfabb proved to be very mat. Someone showed it to us on an Ulti-evening:

That was me, I guess.

http://instagram.com/p/ps5UKQxYyz

I filled in the hole in the head, and sanded out most of the lines. The material is very sandable.

Most PLA/PHA colors from ColorFabb are less glossy than your average PLA. This seems to have changed about a year ago, because the sample-pack I ordered a long time ago has much more glossy filaments than the spools I ordered recently. The mask was printed with "recent" PLA/PHA. Especially when sanded, the print feels almost chalk-ish.

Posted · mat material ?

Yeah! I knew your avatar picture, but not your on the forums!