3mm Cleaning Filament?

solid-print-3d

Posted · 3mm Cleaning Filament?

Has anyone tried this 3mm cleaning filament from eSun? I would normaly call BS on something like this, but they claim they were the first to make PVA filament, so maybe they have a decent R&D dept. and this cleaner might actually work, if just a little?

http://www.amazon.com/Printer-CLEANING-filament-Makerbot-Printers/dp/B00O92RW92/ref=aag_m_pw_dp?ie=UTF8&m=A1E7ZJ14B398M

eSun 3mm Cleaning filament

41uwenqXFuL

I suppose its a plastic that has certain temperature and viscosity properties that make it suitable for running through the hotend for a minute or two at max temp, mixes in the whatever is left in the nozzle and extruding it on through. Seems like when you change filament, you could put a 2" piece in when feeding, then feed the new material right behind it , and let the printer run the cleaning portion out.

Sounds good in theory?

fun. almost impossible to orde rin Europe. bummer

SOlid Print 3D;

i'm assuming you are somehow associated with printed solid? if so, can you PM me?

fun. almost impossible to order in Europe. bummer

Mmm .. the producer (HERE ;)

Guglielmo

here was the review from printed solid

http://www.printedsolid.com/cleanout/

And you can get it now in spool instead of sticks:

http://www.printedsolid.com/shop/175-3/extruder-cleaning-filament/

so i did some research;

the filament will be avaiable in NL starting next week from kunststofshop.nl

i hope to get some samples end of this week so i can try it but i am extremely exited about this..

samples and 2 complete 100 gram spools should be coming in on monday. at that time i will have just finished printing almost a complete spool of PLA without atomic pull... will throw about 15cm of it before the next spool and see what happens.. i am extremely excited.. :)

I tried today a piece off cleaning fillament i got as sample from Makerpoint. not sure its the same as the e-sun.

It's white and feels a bit like fine sandpaper.

To be short, the whole thing was a big drama, took me half an hour to get it extruded

I added about 8 cm in the bowden, before normal PLA. Manually pushed at a range of 230-250 celsius, I had to use an extreme amount of force to extrude it, hardly managed to get it extruded at all. Even though the first half or so went fine.

Afterwards it took a few atomics to clean the remaining "cleaning" fillament ;)

I would advice not to use this stuff and stick to atomic cleaning (I do this with normal PLA, never have any problems)

:( thats too bad.