dinac

Discussion about this print ?

I need help about this :

printed from cura, with this settings:

th_Untitled-6.jpg

this is part:

th_IMG_20120618_170729-1.jpg

1. why i have this "holes" around holes- marked red in picture

2. holes are not real circular, they are little avoid, like egg :)

3. this surface where are 3 small holes is not is not full filled, why ? sholudnt Cura recognize that this is top surface and fill that surface 100% ?

regard this hole avoid - maybe because a little bit loosen belts ?

tnx !

1. why i have this "holes" around holes- marked red in picture

because cura doesn't want to go under a certain extrusion width (nozzle diameter), and decides that it can't do another tool path, and just leaves the holes. you can try lowering the nozzle diameter parameter (it doesn't really matter that much that the real diameter differs from the entered diameter), until the toolpath preview shows you that the parts have proper fill.

2. holes are not real circular, they are little avoid, like egg :)

yes, probably loose belts, since it appears only in a section of the print.

I just made a test-part where I wanted to observe different effects but I have the "not-filled" outerlayer as well.

I was testing "Bridging": How big an overspan can the printer make without support?

The answer is: about 10 to 20mm. However the premise of the 0.2mm layer thickness is that the 0.4mm filament that is extruded is pressed flat into a 0.2 mm thick layer. So if in the bridging area the extruded filament is sagging 1mm, then it will take about 5 layers before the height of the overhang is again at the expected level and the filament is indeed pushed flat.

So: Is your part hollow on the inside? Is there a bridge from left-to-right?

Did you have cura build support for the bridge?

And how thick did you make the solid outer faces?