Cura Brim/Skirt Selectively

mghtbgiant

Posted · Cura Brim/Skirt Selectively

I was wondering if there is a plan, in a future Cura release, for selective part brims/skirts.

In essence, if I want to print 10 random pieces, 3 of which need brims/skirts, it would be very nice to right-click to enable brims on the desired objects as opposed to all/none.

Right now, I just do things in multiple prints which requires multiple SD card swaps and print runs.

I think the version of Cura called "pink unicorn" probably does this. I think you can have parameters per part or per layer. But that might not come out for months. In the mean time one solution is to make your brim in CAD. I do that sometimes.

I think the version of Cura called "pink unicorn" probably does this. I think you can have parameters per part or per layer. But that might not come out for months. In the mean time one solution is to make your brim in CAD. I do that sometimes.

:???: All I wanted for Christmas was a pink unicorn. I think we have to talk to Santa Daid... :-P

Awesome! Thanks for the response! I'm pretty novice still, but that seems to be a feature I continually desire.

EDIT: One thing I forgot to mention is I did download the beta version of Cura 14.12-RC9. I do not know if this is "Pink Unicorn" but I see no manner of selectively applying a brim/skirt to independent parts in here. Thanks again!

I don't think that's it. Pink Unicorn has some major changes and is not even in alpha test let alone beta test. There *is* a place to download the compiled versions somewhere but I forget where. Here's the source code:

https://github.com/daid/Cura2

Oh cool. Thanks. It's exciting to know there are major updates coming.

So is Selective Build Plate Adhesion a thing yet or no? I cant seem to find it anywhere.