Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
netsrac

UM2 stopped working - display off :-(

Hi,

during a print the display of my UM2 suddenly looked fuzzy and the print stopped in the middle.

I decided to turn off the printer...waited a bit and turned it on again.

The display now stays off....nothing...no reaction...yes, I can hear a click sound when I press the click-wheel...but that's all...

Something is broken :-(

Right in time before I was able to finish the Xmas prints :-(

Any ideas...any easy way to fix it?

Already sent a request to UM's support...but so far no reply...

Netsrac

How long does it normally take for UM's Support to answer? 36h without no reply and the weekend right in front of us...

36 hours ? post-42-1201873916.gifpost-42-1201873916.gifpost-42-1201873916.gif

... sorry, I don't want to be unkind ... it's just a joke ;)

You know, I see answer to ticket also ... after one week and more ... unfortunately ... :(

Do a tour of the forum and you'll see ...

Guglielmo

Well...you mean once they have our money that don't need to support us anymore...well :smile:

BTW...just picked up the phone and called them. Worked through all the steps and it looks like it's the panel board. So I'll hopefully get a replacement soon.

So....phone is definitely faster than email :smile:

For one thing - they are overworked last few days as they changed their ticketing system and/or ordering system and it's a temporary disaster. For another thing even though they just hired a few more people they have been a few weeks behind. So, um, 2 weeks is typical.

And YES, the phone works MUCH better. But you probably have to speak english or dutch. Their english is excellent.

I'm waiting for about 3 months to get an answer to my ticket, updated it multiple times, canceled an order that got messed up and am waiting for one week to get my money back via Paypal. Called because of the tickets and the money multiple times, only promises so far.

So I hope you will have more success.