UM2 stopped working - display off :-(

netsrac

Posted · UM2 stopped working - display off :-(

Hi,

during a print the display of my UM2 suddenly looked fuzzy and the print stopped in the middle.

I decided to turn off the printer...waited a bit and turned it on again.

The display now stays off....nothing...no reaction...yes, I can hear a click sound when I press the click-wheel...but that's all...

Something is broken :-(

Right in time before I was able to finish the Xmas prints :-(

Any ideas...any easy way to fix it?

Already sent a request to UM's support...but so far no reply...

Netsrac

:( looks like a big problem.

You might want to check the connections to the electronic board (it's underneath the printer).

You can have a look at the build manual for assistance:

https://github.com/Ultimaker/Ultimaker2/blob/master/um2%20assembly%20manual%20V1.1%20_english.pdf

Check for loose connections

If it's not the connections you probably need a new display.

As a backup to get your prints done you could try switching the Gcode flavour to RepRap and then print via USB using Pronterface.

How long does it normally take for UM's Support to answer? 36h without no reply and the weekend right in front of us...

36 hours ? post-42-1201873916.gifpost-42-1201873916.gifpost-42-1201873916.gif

... sorry, I don't want to be unkind ... it's just a joke ;)

You know, I see answer to ticket also ... after one week and more ... unfortunately ... :(

Do a tour of the forum and you'll see ...

Guglielmo

Well...you mean once they have our money that don't need to support us anymore...well :smile:

BTW...just picked up the phone and called them. Worked through all the steps and it looks like it's the panel board. So I'll hopefully get a replacement soon.

So....phone is definitely faster than email :smile:

BTW...Support and warranty was one of the main reasons to decide going for a ready-build device...

For one thing - they are overworked last few days as they changed their ticketing system and/or ordering system and it's a temporary disaster. For another thing even though they just hired a few more people they have been a few weeks behind. So, um, 2 weeks is typical.

And YES, the phone works MUCH better. But you probably have to speak english or dutch. Their english is excellent.

Having said all that they *are* working to improve this. Like I said they just hired more people in support and also they are improving their ticketing system.

I'm waiting for about 3 months to get an answer to my ticket, updated it multiple times, canceled an order that got messed up and am waiting for one week to get my money back via Paypal. Called because of the tickets and the money multiple times, only promises so far.

So I hope you will have more success.