Octoprint

zews

If you "search" in the forum you can find may discussions on Octoprint and UM2 ... e.g. HERE ;)

A search on "Octoprint" does not yield discussions in this forum as you claim. There are only a couple of posts where the word "Octoprint" is mentioned, and that is about it.

The post you sent me to is in French! Even though I can read and understand French still fairly well, don't you think, that if I were comfortable participating in a technical discussion in French I would have posted in that forum?

That topic does not address my somewhat general question, but rather an issue a user has with generating the proper gcode in Cura. The user is advised to change a machine setting in Cura to achieve that.

A search on "Octoprint" does not yield discussions in this forum as you claim. There are only a couple of posts where the word "Octoprint" is mentioned, and that is about it.

The post you sent me to is in French! Even though I can read and understand French still fairly well, don't you think, that if I were comfortable participating in a technical discussion in French I would have posted in that forum?

Oops, it's true, I'm sorry but speaking English, French and Italian I follow all three sections and sometimes I mix things ... :D

Anyway ... searching on Google give many results ... but the end is still the same :

You can use "Octoprint" with UM2 but NOT using UltiGCode (... which is not supported by Octoprint). You have to switch Cura to produce Reprap (marlin/sprinter) GCode and you have customize the "Starting" and "Ending" GCode.

Guglielmo

I've been using it for a while on a UM1 (now +ish), with experimental heatbed (and now the kit heatbed) and dual extruders.

I've set up Octprint witnh the UM2 :) because i'm to lazy to walk 5 meters to my printer...

how can I help? :)

I don't know if you are being sarcastic or if you have actually done this? If you have done this I do want your help.

It is not that I am too lazy to put an SD card in the printer. However I would like to be able to monitor my printer from afar, especially when I am printing something that takes many hours. That way I do not have to stay near the printer the whole time.

Octoprint was written about in the last issue of MAKE magazine, and I found it interesting Additionally, according to what I have read online I can use a webcam and monitor the print, which might be very useful. Besides this will also give me a change to play around a bit with a Raspberry Pi. That little computer has been used by so many people for so many different projects, and this is one project that I would like to try, because I think it might be useful.

Thanks anon4321,

That seems exactly the kind of information I was looking for, and could not find.

I wonder why my search with the search term "Octoprint" did not yield at least similar results. I found practically nothing.

The strange thing is that your search term "um2 octoprint configuration" in Google yields many results in the Ultimaker forum, but a search in the forum itself yields nothing.

Mine just stop working. Suddenly I cannot connect/disconnect anymore. That section just flash and disapear every time I refresh the page...

I switched to Pronterface

Unfortunately, it's a well known fact to most people that have been on the forums for some time that the forum search sucks....

in google use site:umforum.ultimaker.com as a prefix to your search

Mine just stop working. Suddenly I cannot connect/disconnect anymore. That section just flash and disapear every time I refresh the page...

I switched to Pronterface

I do not understand this post at all. What stops working? What can you not connect/disconnect? What section flashes? What is Pronterface?

Its Octoprint that stopped working properly. When I open the browser to see the octoprint interface you can normally see a section in the top left part of the page that show you on what connection and what port to connect. That part wont stay visible and so I cannot connect to my printer with Octoprint anymore.

Pronterface is another app to connect to your printer but is mostly for PC and Mac. Like with Octoprint you can send commands to the printer, start a print and monitor temperatures.