Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
rcarrier31

Thingiverse

Then there must be something wrong with the machine settings when slicing is done. What slicer are you using? If it's cura, did you configure your machine properly for the Migbot S1?

I know nothing about that printer but seeing the precision it has I would say its not keeping a one to one ratio between the axis motors and the rods. I only have used the settings for a UM2 in cura but maybe you can try to check the machine settings

Also, do you see the x axis to be double the size in layer view as well? I dont know how much the layer view would reflect that but I would expect it to show the same result in the range of your printer unless you have missed some setting.

Because thingiverse is a collection of random people's designs, they are created in all sorts of programs.

Sometimes objects are designed in Z-up programs and some Y-up causing the model to be rotated 90 degrees. Sometimes inches and sometimes cm. When this is the case the scale is sometimes incorrect. At least that's one possibility that I've noticed with thingiverse files.

I download a lot from thingiverse and really seldom to never had size issues. It strongly depends on the export settings of the providing users CAD and sometimes also on imperial or mm...

In Cura there is a scaling option but you have to set it everytime newly.

I would suggest to design a test cube by yourself and do some tests to identify if its model dependent or a wrong factor in your printer formware for travel lenght per step...

I checked the machine settings and their is nothing that could cause that.

There is just very few information about that printer. Check on the LCD control panel if there is any settings for that? Maybe a Factory Reset is needed?

Sorry, maybe I didnt understand it right but the issue is now clearly assigned to the UM - right?

Could you niw please check the value of z movement / steps per mm in your firmware via the ulticontroller and post them? I still think there is a FW issue...

.02, it is something in the firmware causing it to either mirror, or just double the size of the z axis, i had another printer before this one, and i am printing the same parts, and the z is double on every one.

It does not have a stable bed on the z axis, the one i had before did, so i am thinking it is something to do with that.

Your printer doesnt support anything smaller then 0.1mm. If you ask for 0.02 then you will get the precision issue that the z axis cannot get to it and could very well be the cause of the doubled size.

Try printing again at 0.1mm