Thingiverse

rcarrier31

I know nothing about that printer but seeing the precision it has I would say its not keeping a one to one ratio between the axis motors and the rods. I only have used the settings for a UM2 in cura but maybe you can try to check the machine settings

Also, do you see the x axis to be double the size in layer view as well? I dont know how much the layer view would reflect that but I would expect it to show the same result in the range of your printer unless you have missed some setting.

Posted · Thingiverse

OK i just printed a wing nut in layer view it is 13.74. and it comes out a little over 27.

Because thingiverse is a collection of random people's designs, they are created in all sorts of programs.

Sometimes objects are designed in Z-up programs and some Y-up causing the model to be rotated 90 degrees. Sometimes inches and sometimes cm. When this is the case the scale is sometimes incorrect. At least that's one possibility that I've noticed with thingiverse files.

Posted · Thingiverse

Ok just downloaded a file from here, same thing x double the size. Is there a setting for that?

I download a lot from thingiverse and really seldom to never had size issues. It strongly depends on the export settings of the providing users CAD and sometimes also on imperial or mm...

In Cura there is a scaling option but you have to set it everytime newly.

I would suggest to design a test cube by yourself and do some tests to identify if its model dependent or a wrong factor in your printer formware for travel lenght per step...

@rcarrier31

Could you please post the link to the file?

Load the ultirobot. Its in the samples of cura and try printing it.

Posted · Thingiverse

I have tried several files, they all do the same thing.

https://www.youmagine.com/designs/belt-tensioner

I checked the machine settings and their is nothing that could cause that.

There is just very few information about that printer. Check on the LCD control panel if there is any settings for that? Maybe a Factory Reset is needed?

Posted · Thingiverse

I think the problem is, it is mirroring the x axis somehow, just cant find the solution.

Posted · Thingiverse

Sorry guys it is the z axis that is double the size. You think it could have something to do with the table moving up and down?

Haa that makes more sense.

What print settings do you use?

Initial layer height,

Layer height,

z hop (expert settings, retraction section)

Posted · Thingiverse

where is the zhop settings?

Posted · Thingiverse

Z Hop is set to 0.0

Sorry, maybe I didnt understand it right but the issue is now clearly assigned to the UM - right?

Could you niw please check the value of z movement / steps per mm in your firmware via the ulticontroller and post them? I still think there is a FW issue...

Posted · Thingiverse

#define DEFAULT_AXIS_STEPS_PER_UNIT {78.74,78.74,800,100}

What layer height are you printing at?

Posted · Thingiverse

.02, it is something in the firmware causing it to either mirror, or just double the size of the z axis, i had another printer before this one, and i am printing the same parts, and the z is double on every one.

It does not have a stable bed on the z axis, the one i had before did, so i am thinking it is something to do with that.

Your printer doesnt support anything smaller then 0.1mm. If you ask for 0.02 then you will get the precision issue that the z axis cannot get to it and could very well be the cause of the doubled size.

Try printing again at 0.1mm