Warhammer 40k leman russ destroyer

wlock

Posted · Warhammer 40k leman russ destroyer

I initially bought the Ultimaker2 because of its amazing quality prints but I have to say that the more I see pictures on this forum the more I am surprised at what it can do

Regarding this project:

GW decided to change the leman russ model and I dont really like the new tracks, they seem less detailed than the old one so i decided to make my own

The model will be a destroyer, and is a work in progress

It's designed to avoid support structures

the black model is actually the original destroyer from forgeworld that I use as a reference

leman russ side track plate

DSC 0207

DSC 0206

DSC 0205

DSC 0204

DSC 0203

DSC 0202

DSC 0201

DSC 0200

DSC 0199

DSC 0198

DSC 0197

DSC 0175

DSC 0174

DSC 0173

DSC 0172

DSC 0171

DSC 0170

Paint is just to see what potentially it could look like once finished,

I'll need to practice a bit more to make it presentable

software used

Maya 2009

cura 14.12

Model resolution 0.05

print speed 30mms

White PLA from colorfabb

temp 190

bed temp 40

That turned out amazing! Well done!

thank you all for the comments

I'll put a few pictures on that other post once it's finished

I realised i forgot to add a few screenshots of the actual 3d model so i added them now.

The main hull overall size and shape are done.

The front plate is also finished and is ready to receive either the main gun or the demolisher option.

the base for it is only two layers thick( at 0.05) so it can be placed on top of the main hull.

The engine section is there but its hard to print because of the slope on several directions. trying to figure out how to print that

DSC 0220

DSC 0215

DSC 0214

DSC 0213

DSC 0212

DSC 0210

DSC 0209

3dmodel5

3dmodel4

3dmodel3

3dmodel2

3dmodel1

3dmodel

I find this model amazing, is there any chance you could send it over? I could really use this in my imperial army. Nicely painted by the way.

In a scale of A to 10, I find this model and paint job to be really sweet :)

And, I am unanimous in this :p