U-PET - do I want it?

korneel

Posted · U-PET - do I want it?

all;

since Ultimaker now has the U-PET filament, the question is, do I want it?

I'm looking for guidance on when this would come in handy. I understand the description but it's not the best in the world..

has anyone got some experience with it and what do you think?

I'm almost only using Colorfabb XT, every now and then i revert back to ABS if i need some very fine details (XT seems to keep flowing a little bit after printing while ABS immediately tightens up).

anyone care to share?

so how does this compare to XT then? is it as smooth as ABS?

It has about the same properties as ColorFabb XT. So if you are printing with XT already, you'll find little difference between that and U-PET.

I think the glass transition temperature is around 65C. But don't quote me on that one.

would it be possible to create something like a sample package? most vendors offer this..

i would love to have a sample package with like 2 portions of ABS, 2 portions of PLA and 2 portions of PET (although i only care about PET right now, but the concept is more as a general thing..)

XT clear 34,95 <> U-PET transparant 48,34 (colorfabb<>UM)

XT color 44,95 <> U-PET color 48,34

XT color, optional 2200 grams spool for 89,95 ( = 30,66 for 750 gr)

Really wonder why colorfabb only offers the (big) 2200 grams discount on the XT and not on the PLA ?

*all including dutch VAT

it would be nice if there was sample packs indeed

so i just ordered some PET.. just to find out how it performs.

now only to wait for 6 weeks till it's send out ;)

funny stuff this U-PET, just as misteriously unannounced it popped up in the UM store, now it's gone again ... just ABS and PLA again in the store ...