This is a new one.

tinydancer

Posted · This is a new one.

Haven't seen this one yet. PLA comes out very smooth but then doesn't actually lay down any plastic. I leveled the bed again, but the same problem persists. I'm starting to think I should just bite the bullet and install Robert's feeder.

Video:

Could that be because the head is so close to the glass that it gets completely clogged by the glue (why would you use the glue at all)? Can't see for certain, it looks like the head leaves a tail in the glue on the glass.

I use the glue because without it the particular part I'm printing pops off the bed at least half the time if I don't. The strange thing is that I printed off a whole bunch of parts over the last couple of days so I doubt it's the bed level. And that's actually PLA you're seeing as it is laying down an incredibly thin bead.

I would agree with you if it didn't do the same thing before I releveled the bed and parts were printing well before this. I'll do it again, but I doubt that's it.

Edit: I think I might have found the culprit. I did the 10mm3/s extruder test the other day and only changed the parameters for this print in the basic settings. In order to get back to the factory profile, I assume I just go to Reset Profile to Default in Cura?

'Reset Profile to Default in Cura' yes I believe so, this is what I do if I mess around with things. I am not sure if the more advanced parts remain though.

By default initial layer thickness is set to .3 in the advanced tab. You may have changed that

I usually use 2 or 3 skirts to makes sure the flow is good (nod to pm_dude) when it comes to default settings. Other than that, it really depends on what I'm printing but I'm still learning what works.

As I expected it was the gcode settings I had loaded from the test as I didn't realize initially that you just needed to put the gcode for the test on the sd card and instead had loaded it into Cura.

If only all problems could be that simple. :wink: