bed adhesion with kinematics bracelet

lance-greene

Posted · bed adhesion with kinematics bracelet

well tried printing it at 80 celsius and the pieces didn't stick. i tried putting glue down then hairspray ontop of it, also didnt work, guess il try printing with the bed at 40 degrees and see what happens

Hi Lance yes you are going in the right direction, I do not think with PLA you will get any advantage going hotter than 65, and indeed lower could be better, although I have never tried it. The part looks quite difficult in terms of 1st layer. Are you printing 1st layer slow, like maybe even 15mm/s? Unless your bed is absolutely spotlessly prepared I can imagine it may well be problematical. I think getting the right extruder temp. could be crucial also.

ya its not till after the first layer that i have issues, it was on the 3rd layer and i think the nozzle might have just nicked a piece of the bracelet and popped one of the pieces off. the part is super sensitive because its just a bunch of separate tiny pieces. all it takes is the lightest touch and they pop off so its very difficult

Hi Lance,

saw your post last evening, liked the bracelet design so much I had a go at printing it, first try one piece did not adhere properly to the bed on the first layer so I aborted.

Second attempt perfect with a little fresh pva stick glue on the bed at temp 60, first layer print head at 218 then down to 210 fans not more than 70%, speed about 40 for first layer then 50 for the rest. I checked progress at the and and slowed things down for the catch to about 30 and fans full on.

its impressed my wife with her morning cup of tea, hope this info helps you

if you find it catches on bits as its traveling you can try z-hop. you can adjust the hop so any oozing doesn't hit the other pieces.

i think my issue was improper cooling, the little tiny nubs of the hinges early in the print would curl up, and i think the nozzle was hitting them and knocking the pieces loose. im printing a better fan shroud right now and will try the bracelet again once its installed