colorFabb Wood filament - UM2 settings?

blackomega

Posted · colorFabb Wood filament - UM2 settings?

Use the settings they give on the website linked by Personal Drones.

I recommend to keep a good speed and avoid slowing down the print (put minimum layer time to 0). if the filament stays in the nozzle to long it will clog.

I found that i reduced clogs by disabling retractions also (or avoid heavy retractions)

Material flow 120-140%

keep it flowing, turn off retraction. 210C/60 works well. 230 darkens it!

Standard nozzle will be clogged with woodfill. Fine may work, anyone tried?

Custom Block and 080 nozzle works super. Layers are not well visible with

wood fill. It is a gratifying material with a nice "odeur"..!

Seems Woofill corse may work with 040 nozzle:

"Woodfill fine can be printed with standard 0.4mm Nozzles, but our WoodFill coarse needs a special 0.8mm nozzle to allow the bigger wood particles to pass through. If you’re 3d printer can switch nozzles easily then we definitely recommend trying to print with a bigger nozzle anyways, it is awesome!"

Material flow 120-140%

keep it flowing, turn off retraction. 210C/60 works well. 230 darkens it!

Standard nozzle will be clogged with woodfill. Fine may work, anyone tried?

Custom Block and 080 nozzle works super. Layers are not well visible with

wood fill. It is a gratifying material with a nice "odeur"..!

Woodfill fine works with the standard nozzle... more often than not...;)

"keep it flowing" is the key - indeed.

Any news about the progress of the next batch of custom blocks...? (i'm still curious...impatiently - i know...)

Just a heads up for anyone using simplify 3D, if the retraction is set to 0 in the program it may not be 0 in the printer. Make sure to check!

You can't disable retractions by setting them to zero. What setting did you use? The correct option to disable it it's by changing the tick of retraction to not blue:

This one it's 'on' uncheck retracttion to disable them. There's no '0'

image.thumb.jpeg.1acd4c904407605e8bac59b14f96eee2.jpeg

Also make sure you don't have 'force retractions between layer change' (something alike) on the last tap.

Anytime I print any wood filament with a .4 nozzle I get a clogged nozzle.

I have printed with .6 and .8 mm nozzles successfully, keeping retraction on and upping flow to 110% at 210 C and .2mm layers.