Jump to content
Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
piafou

Cura 15.01 printing time info

Recommended Posts

Hi,

 

I 've installed the V15.0.1

 

The printing time and the materiel weigth is displaying very bad.

after move the mouse this display disapear and don't go back.

this is the same thing for the information on the bottom left (rotate,scale...)

With the previous V14 all was good.

 

this on windows 7 with a radeon HD 7800 series.(my graphics drivers are up to date)

 

 

bad display like this

Cura15.01

 

and after moving the mouse no more display

cura 15.01

 

my C:\Users\xxxx\.cura\15.01\output_log.txt

 

 

Listening for engine communications on 49674

Closing down

Listening for engine communications on 49674

Closing down

 

 

 

any idea ???

 

(i have a laptop under windows 7 on all is good with 15.01)

 

sorry for my poor english,

thanks

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, just looked at all the differences in the code. And I can only think of 1 thing that could be causing this.

Can someone who has this issue try adding an Ultimaker Original machine to their machine list, select it, restart Cura, and then check if the issue is gone?

If that's the case, then I'm quite sure where I made the mistake. (Due to the UM2go I had to slightly adjust how the text on the backplate is rendered, and the UMO does not have this text, skipping that rendering step)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can someone who has this issue try adding an Ultimaker Original machine to their machine list, select it, restart Cura, and then check if the issue is gone?

 

After this, all is OK for the ultimaker original David ;), but if you restart with the um2 profil the bug is always the same.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, back into full testing phase! I want this issue, and the SD card issue solved ASAP.

So, this RC should fix both I think:

http://software.ultimaker.com/Cura_closed_beta/

It also has some minor UM2 firmware modifications, lowered the material loading speed a bit as it was causing motor stalls for some people.

 

ok good, test this tonight with UM2 profil.

thanks.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

just one question if i use this version i must reinstall the firmware marlin with this version on my printer ?

 

Firmware installs are never required. Some releases just improve some stuff (but the UMO firmware hasn't changed in a while)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

I just installed the 15-02-RC2 on Win-7-64 and UM0.

"Find profile from Gcode" does not work for me. Message: only available on files created by Cura version later than 12. My files are created by Cura14-9.

Bertho

 

This is an pretty old change, you need to have an extra tag in the end code (added by default, but not if old settings are imported)

This due to the fact that the profile data at the end of the GCode was confusing some firmwares (especially the BFB printers)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still have this problem with 15.02.1. No estimate is rendered. I am using Cura with a 3rd party RepRap style printer (5-nozzle RoVa3D). I recently upgraded from 14.0x.

 

Can someone who has this issue try adding an Ultimaker Original machine to their machine list, select it, restart Cura, and then check if the issue is gone?

If that's the case, then I'm quite sure where I made the mistake. (Due to the UM2go I had to slightly adjust how the text on the backplate is rendered, and the UMO does not have this text, skipping that rendering step)

 

I added an Ultimaker Original, selected it, restarted, loaded a model and I do get the estimate shown. If I then select my printer, the text stays and no re-estimate is calculated. If I then quit and restart and load a model with my printer, no estimate is displayed. I only see an estimate with the Ultimaker Original profile.

Creating a new profile for my printer also displays an estimate.

Is there a problem with using printer definitions created in Cura 14.0x?

EDIT: Update, I found that when I set my printer back to 4 nozzles instead of 5, the estimate displays. Only when my printer is set with (the correct number of) 5 nozzles does the estimate text break.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Our picks

    • How to 3D print with reinforced engineering materials
      Ultimaker is hosting a webinar where we explain how you can achieve and maintain a high print success rate using these new reinforced engineering materials. Learn from Ultimaker's Product Manager of Materials and top chemical engineer Bart van As how you can take your 3D printing to that next level.
      • 0 replies
    • "Back To The Future" using Generative Design & Investment Casting
      Designing for light-weight parts is becoming more important, and I’m a firm believer in the need to produce lighter weight, less over-engineered parts for the future. This is for sustainability reasons because we need to be using less raw materials and, in things like transportation, it impacts the energy usage of the product during it’s service life.
        • Like
      • 12 replies
×

Important Information

Welcome to the Ultimaker Community of 3D printing experts. Visit the following links to read more about our Terms of Use or our Privacy Policy. Thank you!