acceleration parameters

tomnagel

Posted · acceleration parameters

I wish to decrease acceleration, to see the effect on the ringing artefact.

Browsing through my UltiController Menu (on UMO), I see a parameter " Accel" on 3000, and a bit further down I see "Amax n" for n={x,y,z,e}. Values at 9000, 9000, 100, 10000.

What is the meaning of the first "Accel" parameter, which is set at 3000?

I believe the "Accel" parameter is the rate of acceleration used for X, Y, Z and E steppers when performing a move while printing. While "Amax n" limits the acceleration per stepper when performing a non-printing move.

I believe "Amax n" for n={z}. 200-500 somewhere. Also my machine is set to 300mm/s travel speeds.

Have a read here though

Gr5 said he doubled Az and Vz, whereas the following article increased it way more:

http://www.extrudable.me/2013/04/02/the-myth-of-z-speed/

Be careful however when the printer starts a print, that goes really fast!

I have set Vmax z to 24 instead of 10, and Amax z to 400.

This is especially noticable in the 15mm z-move at the beginning of each print.

I have yet to see whether it decreases the z-scar.

In my opinion, the default acceleration settings for XY are way too high, and for Z and E are too low.

Basically it uses the accel settings.

If I remember right, Amax is kind of a bug fix if Marlin miscalculates or panics and isn't supposed to be used. It should be higher than the default accel settings. I never quite understood that myself even after reading the code very carefully for many hours.