how to clean the hot-end from debris?

korneel

Posted · how to clean the hot-end from debris?

all;

i'm using a set of hot-ends that i exchange after one of them "fails". i clean them up by burning them out and scraping the old material off before reinstalling.

problem is, there is always some "muck" or residue remaining on the hot-end itself.

i can clean the inside fairly well with a cold pull\atomic method but i would prefer to have a solution i could soak the hot end in or some other method to clean it to make sure it's all copper again. especially the inside of the hot-end, the nozzle.

i have the feeling filament just tends to "stick" to the outside debris causing burned filament and bad looking prints.

these are some examples of nozzles after "cleaning" (don't mind the inside of the nozzle on the bottom picture)

so how do you clean those?

I print with PLA, ABS and XT.. i know acetone can help with ABS, it doesn't with XT unfortunately..

Also just curious, but i seem to be getting jamms after every print now, while before i would just set it off and it would always clear up after a felw layers, its now persistently getting jams, meaning not perfect prints lile i used to get, even printing the same objects as i used to. Also what confuses me are the settings used to print the default objects as it never seems to jam when i print them, but as soon as i try mine, click click click. Very annoying! Even at 0.1 layer height 50mm/s. Raft or not.

Is it time for a nozzle replacement? I have had the printer on printing for about. 3 months straight, almost no breaks apart from recently, and it always seems to clog when its been left alone for some time...

Any ideas would be great. Back in the day when i loaded material or changed it, it would come out of the end after loading, but now it seems i need to move the material a bit forward in order for it to come out to even start the lprint, ive tried all the usual resets and such, but if the robot prints fine, why should mine not.? How can i find what temps and other stuff the default objects print at so i can try and mimic them to see if its my settings that are a problem?

Yeah, im getting tired of it, lol. Once i think its good to go and clear, click click... Im taking a break from it for a while anyways let my buddy have go, gonna prep some stuff in the mean time do a bit of zbrushing and try to do a few more faces..

so can brasso actually remove debris then? i thought it was just for polishing.. gotta give that a try then..

was hoping for something that was more practical like a solution you could soak it in..