Any way to prevent clogging ?

emilio2

Posted · Any way to prevent clogging ?

Hi.

I was sick about the original UM2 feeder so I replaced it with a Rober design feeder.

After one week working it starts to skip. If I tight the bearing too much, it starts grinding the filament. So, no much difference with regards to the original UM2.

I am using the original UM2 spool holder. Do you change both, the feeder and the spool holder to achieve better results?. Does it make any difference using those low resistance spools?.

To be hionest I dont know where the problems come from: the extruder, the spool, the nozzle,... The net result I see is filament skipping and jamming all the time. :-(

Emilio.

Emilio;

you could search for the rail system as well, it is listed under "U2RS" on youmagine.com made by UltiArjan.

i would also check your PTFE coupler.. it's the white little teflon part. it's probably deformed, causing clogs.

korneel, that rail is nice but it takes a lot of space. I would prefer some sideways mount or even some support to put the spool under the table. The PTFE in my UM2 is like new, no signs of damage.

No you don't need that stuff. if your printer doesn't just print fine after atomic pulls and you ptfe coupler is fine then there is another problem, especially if you have roberts feeder.

can you push the filament trough the disconnected bowden without much resistance?

if you set the feeder to hard, cut away this part of your filament because it can be ovaly deformed..

but first do 5 nice atomic pulls if you didn't allready do that..