Leveling print bed Ultimaker Original Plus

niyoki

Posted · Leveling print bed Ultimaker Original Plus

Hello Ultimaker users,

I know 1000 times same question "How can I level the print bed?"

But I have no idea how to get my print bed level.

My Ultimaker Original Plus heated print bed makes me little tired:

My measurements-->

Left front 1 sheet paper = Okay

Middle back 1 sheet paper = Okay

Right front 1 sheet paper = Okay

Left back ==> Nozzle pressing full against the print bed.

Right back between nozzle and print bed I can put 3-4 sheets paper.

Second issue: X axis 0-210 mm = Okay

Y axis 0 to 206 mm I must stop

because the nozzle hitting glas retainer at 207 mm (left back is okay only right back glas retainer makes problem).

Can somebody give me an idea where or what should I check?

Thanks and regards

Niyazi

p.s. My Ultimaker is printing really nice but just I want to be sure I assembled it right.

Maybe check the counter-sunk bolts that hold the Heated bed PCB (1155) down and make sure they are all level and not pushing the glass up...the glass should be 100% flush on the surface of the bed. I had to counter sink all mine on my 1st UMO+ kit, these could be causing trouble.

this thread talks about a similar issue on UM2 and has helpful photos of what to look for.

http://umforum.ultimaker.com/index.php?/topic/8102-warped-glass-bed-um2/?hl=%2Bcounter+%2Bsink&do=findComment&comment=76038

Thank you for your idea. I saw your post somewhere about the Counter-sunk bolts and a list that contains some must have spare pieces to build UMO+. Because of this I checked it allready. But I will look to UM2 link...

Regards

Niyazi

• 2 weeks later...

Hello aviphysics,

yes I checked 4-5 days ago and it is not flat. But also I'm not sure when I used first time it was flat or not. What I'm asking when I get a new flat glas plate after using some weeks it will also get deformed?

regards

Niyazi

It should not become deformed. It sounds like you should open a ticket to UM and get them to send you a replacement.

I contacted the German supporter and seller "Igo3d". I hope they will help soon.

Regards

Niyazi

UM can take several days to respond. You just have to remain patient for a little bit. IIRC, updating your ticket moves your ticket to the back of the line, so don't do that until they respond.

I am pretty sure my glass plate UMO+ kit is also not flat. I have done nothing about it though as the printer is turning out lovely quality prints...

Did you level it with the bed heated or cold? Heat may cause the bed to change very slightly. It's a bigger issue with other printers.

I'd also tighten all three adjustment screws a few turns, move your Z stop down a little and level it again.

If the adjustment screws are way too tight, the springs might putting too much tension on the assembly, and I'd loosen them and move the z stop up a little.

• Like 1