Notifications are disconnected

pm_dude

Posted · Notifications are disconnected

Ho no!!!!

All the forums I was following with notifications have reset with the change of forum. Is there any way they can be restored or do I need to go in every single sections of this forum to click the "Get Notified"?

Cheers

PM

• Like 2

Hahah yes that would be correct. I followed every new topic that would pop in most sections of the forum and all the topic I replied to. That's what you get for enabling the auto follow on reply.

OK, thanks for the confirmation, so we do have the old data available, only need to convert the old data to the new database. Tho I don't know when that will be...

Can we at least get the notifications to send emails like it used to do. This way I can be notified of an answer without having to pass on the forum 10 times a day?

The notifications in the current context are kind of not so usefull.

• Like 1

same here, all history from posts I made in the old site to topics I was following is gone.

I can even use the search to find threads I started. Searching on you username produces no results.

Hi can I add my request to this too Chin. I follow a variety of Ultimaker forums; each new thread sends me an email when it is started which I look at. If I am interested in the thread I follow it and an email is sent to me each time a new post is made. Or of course it used to! Like others here I neither have the time or desire to log on innumerable times during the day to see if there is anything interesting.

More importantly I am following lots of threads so I can help people. I am happy to spend hours doing that. But I am not prepared to spend days going through who knows how many thousands of threads to see if was following them so I can continue helping people - I am sure there are lots of experienced guys in the same position.

This is all insane. There may have been a thread alerting us to the closure of the forum and why, although I never saw it, but the process is awful. I have finally got on to the forum 10 days after the 21st April and now I get no notifications. Apart form getting everybody back on to the forum unless, I was the last, your next priority should be notifications otherwise the quality of this forum is going to dive to a miserable level. Is there a thread anywhere where I can read about the benefits of "upgrading the forum"? It sure does not feel like an "upgrade" at the moment :(