Ultimaker 2 Error - Stopped: X or Y switch stuck

kpk

Posted · Ultimaker 2 Error - Stopped: X or Y switch stuck

Hi @kpk, could elaborate on your problem?

Lets focus on this issue here, and focus on the temp error in the other thread.

How do you mean stuck?

If we don't have more information we can only guess to what the problem might be and it is not an efficient use of anyones time.

If you think uploading a video would help, please upload it.

Have you checked out our support pages?

I think you still have an older firmware version that contains this error message. It has been there for a short while, but since it didn't add much value it has been removed again.

So I would advise to check the firmware on your Ultimaker and make sure you install the latest one. Hope it works!

Hi KPK

Yes make sure you have the latest version of Cura and then plug in your printer to the computer and update the firmware using Cura..

@SandervG

The temperature sensor error is solved right now.

When i started the machine , and clicked on home position it went to home position and started vibrating and parallely i got error on the screen that X or Y axes stuck.

I am not getting how to resolve this , as you already said is there any disturbance due to transportation, but according to me there is no such misalignment but it vibrates and makes loud sound like something is grinding inside.

Posted (edited) · Ultimaker 2 Error - Stopped: X or Y switch stuck

Have you checked the pulleys are tight on the shafts ? are the short belts nice and tight (motor's not lose) ?

Are the limit switches actually being activated when the head is in the home position ? you should here them click if you move the head by hand to the home position ?

Edited by Guest
    • Like 1

I don't think the pulleys are loose, because judging from the sound it makes it is hitting the side. If the pulleys were loose, the rods would most likely rotate in the loose pulley over the motor skipping steps. (it requires quite some friction to do this).

I guess the limit switch error could be solved by uploading the firmware.

You could also check if the cable is still fully inserted in the electronics.

Check if the wires of the limit switch don't show any wear due to the pulleys.

A workaround to check if the limit switches work:

Place the printhead in the front right corner.

Press home, while homing (you have to be fast) use a pen or pencil to manually press the limit switch, you can find on your back right corner.

If by pressing it, your print head doesn't stop moving there is physically something wrong with your limit switch.

If it does work and the head stops moving, the limit switch is fine and the error is something else. Like firmware.

Looking forward hearing from you.