Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
atelier-salvador-mallol

Best way to print a vertical ring with Ultimaker Original?

Hi Dear Ultimakers:

I'm trying to print a ring that has a little cone in its periferia. So I can not print it completely flay, that is till now best way to print rings with ultimaker I think.

The case is that I've tried to print it just standing up but when the printer is printing the thinner part of both sections of the ring at half high, it does not work fine.

Any one can tell me which could be, in his/her opinion a good printing parameters for a work like that?

I attach an image of a metal ring and its equivalent in PLA (bad printed by now ;)

DSC_2193.thumb.JPG.3b072b4bb128b2bbec134722d03aa5e4.JPG DSC_2194.thumb.JPG.08fe533992df2267be9c5196b28b912c.JPG

Att.,

Toni

DSC_2193.thumb.JPG.3b072b4bb128b2bbec134722d03aa5e4.JPG

DSC_2194.thumb.JPG.08fe533992df2267be9c5196b28b912c.JPG

The print is so small that it gets melted.

What you can do is print two or more at the same time to let the layers cool more (this or add a tower next to it and print it at the same moment).

Also print at the lowest temp possible (200°c or less) (and slow 30mm/s or so)

-------------------------------------------------------

Thank you very much Didier. We have got nicely surprised for your quick response. We have an street event this saturday where all commerces put a table at street in front of his door and show what they make inside.

We are planning to print rings on demand.

And by now adjusting the ultimaker. We shall also deliver cards of your brand.

Thankyou.

Att.,

Toni