Ultimaker + stops printing when I open the door to the room

ibp1012

Posted · Ultimaker + stops printing when I open the door to the room

Hello,

I am quite new to the 3D printing world and have been using my Ultimaker + for about a month now on a regular basis. I have noticed this past week that when I leave the print to go over night and I close the door, that when I return in the morning and I open the door, the printer stops. At first I thought it was a coincidence but this has happened on 3 different occasions to me now. The room the printer sits in is completely enclosed (no open windows) so I was thinking that maybe it doesn't like pressure fluctuations or is some kind of sensor for this built in?

Thanks for the input

Do you have a light that turns on when you open the door perhaps? If it's a power hungry light it could, maybe, cause ripples in the power which could be causing problems.

And no, there is no sensor or anything that would trip for something like this.

Maybe Power cables not stuck in all the way, so vibrations make the PSU hick up.

Check all connections, the one into the PSU is hard to get all in.

And to the light that turns on when I open the door, no I don't have that. So I'll just check the cable connections and hope that it will resolve the problem. Thanks though!

I am facing the same issue since yesterday. I have an ultimaker 1 and my problem started to appear after i drilled up the nozzle hole to 1mm. I think the G-Code is not he issue since the printer stopped at diffrent spots and hieghts when repeating a print with the same code.

What i observed today is that the printer seems to have powerloss for half a second and so loses all his tasks.

It came in my mind that maybe the Powre supply (230 to 12 or 24 DC) has an issue when running to warm. Did anybody tried with a new powersupply. I just pluged mine in as close as possibel on the power source and with good air circulation. keep you updated