How micro is "The Micro" by M3D?

personal-drones

Posted · How micro is "The Micro" by M3D?

Its a lot smaller than I thought it would be.

How well does it print?

I saw it printing at a small canadian makerfaire recently, the build looks kinda... cheap. BUT it does look like it prints pretty decent for a small flimsy thing. Albeit a bit slow.

Posted (edited) · How micro is "The Micro" by M3D?

Its a lot smaller than I thought it would be.

How well does it print?

Not that bad considering how small, lightweight and inexpensive it is. It does much better if a raft is included, which is an obvious limit. Looks like they are working to improve that.

Software is quite straightforward, but it is quite simplified to a number of preset printing profiles. Not anywhere near to the flexibility of Cura. Obviously done to be as simple as possible.

I had it printing in 10 minutes from unboxing.

A little video:

IMG_1793-800.jpg

Edited by Guest

I'm looking at getting one of these. Do you have any photos of finished prints? What is the dimensional accuracy like of finished prints?

Would you recommend it as a second printer?

I'm looking at getting one of these. Do you have any photos of finished prints? What is the dimensional accuracy like of finished prints?

Would you recommend it as a second printer?

Actually I am selling mine right now as I do not really need two printers. PM me if you are interested.

I am not sure about the dimensional accuracy, did not test for this. See all specs here: https://printm3d.com/themicro/

Would I recommend it as a second printer? It depends on what you need. This one is amazingly small and lightweight, you could really put it in a bag and carry it around so easily. It is also basically silent. These are the main pros. Cons: I do not feel it is the strong and reliable "workhorse" that the Ultimaker is. I see it more as a great way to show people about 3Dprinting (it is so cute and portable) and to produce maybe small figurines. Not entirely sure you will be able to use it for professional applications. For those, the Ultimaker is much better.

I would agree with this assessment. The quality is better than I expected, but not as good as the UMO+ I have. I got my UMO+ after sponsoring the Micro, then spent a lot of time learning about Cura settings etc, finally getting great prints on my UMO. If I had had the Micro first I would have been quite happy, the other way round it's a bit harder. It will still use it a lot for workshops, meetups etc, because it is sooooo tiny and light...

• Like 1