WARNING: Spam coming from ultimaker.com email addresses

chenobble

Posted (edited) · WARNING: Spam coming from ultimaker.com email addresses

I got this email this morning:

Subject: DROPBOX

Sender: Daniel Abram (d.abram@ultimaker.com

Morning,

Please see the document we uploaded for you using Google shared document app,it is very important for payment.

Click here to view the document,

[LINK REMOVED]

Daniel Abram

Ultimaker GB Ltd

Office: 01257 276116

Mobile: 07773 378459

www.ultimaker.com

www.createeducation.co.uk

IMAGINE IT >> MAKE IT

Meet us online at Twitter, Facebook, Google+

www.ultimaker.com

Of course the link did not go to dropbox and the wording was so poor it was immediately obvious that it was spam.  

My concern is the originating email - even if it was spoofed, Ultimaker is hardly a popular choice of spam origin and I am concerned that this means spammers have either gained access to Ultimaker's customer list or are somehow getting email addresses from the forums.

Edited by Guest

Posted · WARNING: Spam coming from ultimaker.com email addresses

Or just plain lucky they managed to reach an UM customer ;) But yeah, most definitely worth checking

Thank you for your post, indeed it is spam.

We are aware of the situation and are on it.

I think it is important to note Daniel is not from Ultimaker HQ but an employee for our partner in the UK. His email got hacked and a couple of emails like these were send out. Precautions were taken to prevent this from continuing and happening again but it is clever to stay alert.

For that reason it is clever to change your password if you have clicked the link to prevent any funny business happening to you too.

Hi Sander,

Didn't click the link - too experienced to be caught out like that.

Glad that you guys are on top of it!

Edited by Guest
    reply from team ultimaker
    • Like 1

Maybe I should let him know directly that his account has been compromised.

He already knows, but thanks for suggesting!

Yeah, I was tempted for about half a second then remembered that only idiots enter passwords directly from an email that is non specific, no matter who its from, just reffering to 'payment'.

No names mentioned, No subject other than payment (not what for) mentioned, and an established company using Gmail?, after having just rebranded a forum to be intergrated into the brand more, and Its Very important, yet you havent stated why anywhere in the email??

Lols.

Edited by Guest

I'm getting spam messages in my Private Messages here.

Please let me know whom to report this to. There's no means to flag a message as spam, from what I could see in the editor

I've had it as well and reported it to the right people.

I'm getting spam messages in my Private Messages here.  

Please let me know whom to report this to.  There's no means to flag a message as spam, from what I could see in the editor

Hi @lepaul, if you ever receive spam again you can notify me about it, or one of the other moderators. Just like Nallath did. Thank you!

Perfect, thanks!