Cura 15.06.02 does not create infill in shaft

3dnerd

Posted · Cura 15.06.02 does not create infill in shaft

I set 50% infill density. But the infill density from Cura 15.02.1 is more dense compared to 15.09.81 beta (please compare to the  picture in my first post in this thread)

(I played a littlebit. If I set infill to 80% on 15.09.81 then it seems to be same as 50% in 15.02.1). So for some reason 50% on both version do not give same infill.

- Why is this?

I have no idea. I'm not aware of any changes in that area, but it could be some settings were mixed in the engine.

If layer view is turned on and I use up/down arrow on keybord to move through the layers then the layer is changed as expected but the 3D view rotates at same time!?!

Whoops, that's my bad. I added the keyboard controls because someone requested it for notepads, but forgot that layer view also reacts with keyboard presses.

Posted (edited) · Cura 15.06.02 does not create infill in shaft

Hi nallath,

what does this mean now?

- Will the keyboard issue be solved in one of the next releases?

- What about the different infill density (at same setting of 50%) of 15.09.81 compared to 15.02.1?

Edited by Guest

I cannot reproduce any bug in the infill percentage. Are you sure you haven't set the infill pattern to Grid instead of Lines?

With an infill percentage of 50% and the Lines pattern, the lines are as far apart as they are wide. For the Grid pattern they are 3 times as far apart as they are wide.

Perhaps this bug was due to the setting update bug which has been solved in the meantime.

Did you use the supplied STL file? It had a VERY small cylindrical area that was getting no infill even though there was room for it. It could be that this bug was fixed recently.

@bagell-orb - on aug 27 you posted that this bug was fixed. I think you can ignore this thread.

Hi,

where I can download the latest Cura built to verify that this issue is solved?

It's kind of a secret but if you search the forums you can probably figure it out. I'll pm you the location.

It's not secret: http://software.ultimaker.com/Cura_closed_beta/15.10/ (don't let the URL fool you, we're just lazy ;))

• Like 1

Hi,

thanks for the link, I downloaded the latest version now and tried again.

The problem is solved now.

And bagel-orb was right. For some reason the infill pattern was set to grid instead of lines. I don't know why since I never had this option visible in my Cura versions. Anyway I made this option visible now and detected it was set to grid.

Then I switched it back to lines and then the infill was same as in legacy Cura again, see here:

GCALZUt.jpg

Just for fun I set it also to Concentric, but there is no infill at all, as you can see here:

QnqJr3D.jpg

Is this also a bug or not?

I don't want to push, but can anybody tell me if 'no infill' on Concentric pattern is a bug or not?

Thanks ;-)

It's a bug / not correctly impemented yet.

Hi nallath,

OK thanks.

I assume someone from ultimaker development team will take care?

Yep :)