Removing Print Best Practices

kerberg

Posted · Removing Print Best Practices

Whats the best way to remove a print from the glass? So you take the glass off the bed ? Do you use a specific tool to remove a print? How should I do it to not damage the machine or glass? Thanks

Hi, it usually depends on the part.

If it is a tall thin part I can usually pull it off, however larger flatter parts I make sure to let it cool then remove the glass. I don't usually need a tool but sometimes I use a thin spatula. I doubt you will damage the glass scraping off a part.

Hope this helps!

Thanks, I scraped one off the glass while still on the bed and was worried about damaging the machine so I think from now on if I need to scrape I will also remove the glass.

Posted (edited) · Removing Print Best Practices

glasmes.jpg.89d63bc1ee6f6105e6cea629c0f3abd2.jpg

Almost never take out the glass but depending on room temp (only in summer) and material I sometimes put the glass in the fridge a few min for cooling.

Mostly the pla just pops off as I print pla without glue  but the glass knive is also usefull for removing the small line of plastic without touching the glass with you fingers.

glasmes.jpg.89d63bc1ee6f6105e6cea629c0f3abd2.jpg

Edited by Guest

for PLA you don't need glue, just clean the glass with some alcohol and Be patient and let the glass fully cool once finished. then you can just pick it up as it will be loose.

Removing the glass means you need to touch it, then re-clean with alcohol.

For ones that are stuck on i just give them a knock or use a plastic ice scraper that came with my freezer.

all good advice thanks!!!!

I have the same. It is the small wires rubbing. But i can get to them to secure them and now the top and left lights have gone out. Not very good for a brand new machine just out out of the box.

Cant i remove front or side panel to properly access? If not then this will have to go back :(

I put it under the tap, 2 minutes cold water and it is loose