Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
RazSchweitzer

X Y axis are not perpendicular

Hi,

I have a new UM2, about a month old, and finally I managed to calibrate it well enough that I get really nice prints.

The problem is that the X and Y axis are not perfectly perpendicular to one another.

Instead of a square I get Parallelogram shaped parts. it's very light so it's hard to see, but when you put it in a CNC frame it won't fit.

Here you can see that the 2 parts perfectly fit when they are orientated the same as they were printed.

Both X axis are in the same direction and the Y.

2.thumb.jpg.bbbb941feef7d3cf131ea2475777463f.jpg

Here you can see the perpendicularity problem if I rotate one of the parts 90 degrees.

1.thumb.jpg.1ca3476f30e23d863a982955179fcdfc.jpg

So I don't have 90 degrees and I get parts that are like this:

parallel.gif

What can I do?

Please help.

2.thumb.jpg.bbbb941feef7d3cf131ea2475777463f.jpg

1.thumb.jpg.1ca3476f30e23d863a982955179fcdfc.jpg

I usually square things up by doing the following:

• Move the head to the front center, all the way towards you
  • Look at the distance between the right sliding block and the closest pulley, compare this distance to the left one.
  • If they do not match, loosen the pulleys on one side so that that sliding block can be moved without affecting the other.
  • Adjust the distance so that it matches the other block.
  • Re-tighten the set screws, and tighten them very very well
  • Repeat if necessary and then move on to the other sliding blocks

• Like 1