small blobs on print

edit-mesh

Posted · small blobs on print

i am wondering why my nozzle does an irregular "backstep"( on UMO and also UM2) with this PLA print?

settings :

layer:0.1mm

walls:0.5 mm (more opacity)

speed:20

temp: 200

spiralized: on

backskip.thumb.jpg.7de560b0e1ed25b11e7202949e81e3c7.jpg

any suggestions would be very appreciated.

cheers imke

backskip.thumb.jpg.7de560b0e1ed25b11e7202949e81e3c7.jpg

Hi Imke,

Thank you for your email.

I don't see any odd behaviour in the video, do you have some examples to show your issue a little bit better?

What do you mean by backsteps?

You should keep your walls in a multitude of your nozzle, so make it: 0.4 or 0.8 or 1.2 instead of 0.5

Looking forward hearing from you!

well it's not easy to see in the video- its in sec.11-12.

the the nozzle is moving a step back and you can also hear it, this happens not regular, what is also shown in the photo.

i turned spiralized on, because i didn't wanted a z scar , and thats why my wall thickness is not 0.8 (with 0.4 wall thickness the wall is too translucent) i am trying to find another video, but its difficult to capture...

Posted (edited) · small blobs on print

here is another one

(at the endframes)

its cura 15.04.2.but the problem was also there with earlier versions (problem is persistent since a few month i guess since 15.04 ?).

Edited by Guest

There's a TON of discussion about this on the forums somewhere. It's a relatively recent bug but it appeared before the latest rewrite of Cura. I'm not sure how far back you have to go to get before this bug but I think about a year. Try Cura 14.6.* or older (14=2014, 6 would be for example june). Cura has been working quite well for quite a while so these older versions are quite mature and safe and stable.

thanks gr5 for the explanation of cura versions and infos! i will go back to 14.7(?), from were i started with this project.

is there a chance, that this bug is getting fixed in the future? would be great :)!!!

I lost track of it. The developers of the new cura Engine I believe were discussing it so I think they are aware and it might be fixed in the latest version (15.6 or newer) I really don't know - but I certainly saw lots of discussion about this - I think it was in the spring.