ended Community Contest, part 4 | Going Dutch

SandervG

Posted (edited) · ended Community Contest, part 4 | Going Dutch

Four weeks ago we started adding a free Olsson Block set with every sold Ultimaker 2 and Ultimaker 2 Extended. We'll continue doing this for a few weeks more (all the way till Christmas!!) because we believe it is a great example of what the community contributes to Ultimaker. And the Olsson Block can definitely be a valuable addition to your Ultimaker.

You guys carry a lot of knowledge, helped countless of users and continue to contribute to the Ultimaker ‘Universe’. Obviously, you deserve something for this too!

So for the next few weeks we will continue to host a 3D printing contest.

Every week we’ll have a new winner who wins a special edition Olsson Block set.

It contains the same set of nozzles we share with our new users, but especially for you we have added the 1.0mm nozzle too, for the super fast prints!

To draw you the full picture, it contains the:

• Olsson Block itself
  • 0.25mm nozzle
  • 0.4mm nozzle
  • 0.6mm nozzle
  • 0.8mm nozzle
  • 1.0mm nozzle
  • a screwdriver and socket to swap nozzles.

For this week we are going to get creative again. With a whole new theme, Going Dutch! .

This can be done by printing this token of national pride, our Dutch Lion, print it and photograph it in the most Dutchiest way! May the most original, Dutch and funny entry win! But remember.. photoshop is not allowed.

And because going dutch also means splitting the bill, we figured for this contest well select 2 winners, who both will win a special edition Olsson Block set. :D

The other rules of the contest are pretty simple. Please read them carefully.

RULES

- We know how you all love hacking and modifying, so we have only one guideline: it must be printed on an Ultimaker. Besides that.. everything goes!

- Entries must be uploaded in the Print section. (Fill out your settings if you want. The winner agrees to share his settings at the end of the week).

- Share the link and a picture of your upload in this thread.

- Upload only one picture per entry

- Everyone can participate in every contest, but you can only win once.

- There will be only 1 prize per contest

- Photoshop is not allowed. The only modification that is allowed is on your Ultimaker!

- You can participate until Sunday midnight CEST.

EXTRA INFORMATION

- We will choose a winner based on Dutchness. And Originality.

- We will announce each weeks winner on Monday in the corresponding thread on our forum, on our Twitter feed and Instagram!

[H3]WHAT DO I NEED TO PRINT?[/H3]

The proud model of our National Lion can be downloaded here. You'll be downloading the entire folder of mascottes, hopefully you'll enjoy the rest as well.

Upload your entry here.

Share your entry here below.

Alrighty then..

Ready? Set? Print awaaaaaay!

Edited by Guest

Here is my example upload; the Dutch Lion!

IMG_2047.thumb.JPG.d9f133087f66a9e495061a35ac05ca80.JPG

Enjoy, looking forward seeing everyones entries!!

And remember, get creative.

.. most of us can take a joke ;)

Edited by Guest

What does it mean "Dutchiest way"? Or what does mean the expression "going dutch"? Did some serious google and I'm still not sure about the meaning...

Edited by Guest

Posted · ended Community Contest, part 4 | Going Dutch

By 'Dutchiest way' I mean photograph the Lion in the most Dutch way.

Feel free to use every stereotype you can come up with, and make us laugh :)

"Going Dutch" is a term that indicates that each person participating in a group activity pays for themselves, rather than any person paying for everyone else, particularly in a restaurant bill. Like splitting the bill.

• Like 1

"Going Dutch" is a term that indicates that each person participating in a group activity pays for themselves, rather than any person paying for everyone else, particularly in a restaurant bill. Like splitting the bill.

*cough* http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=double+dutch *cough*

Thank you for making it awkward. Luckily I said going dutch, which is significantly different from double dutch.

They are sometimes used interchangable ;)

But going dutch probably means this: aVQznnw_700b.jpg

• Like 5

@Nallath, thanks, it's absolutely clear now :D

Step 1: done, let's see how this pans out.

The Dutch Lion on Grass,

IMAG0487.thumb.jpg.28382fb24265793718d8ce3fa0d9961b.jpg

With only a little time, a simple print.

The biggest Job, to prevent it from ' Blowing away in the wind' while taking the picture.

Some glue helped ....

IMAG0487.thumb.jpg.28382fb24265793718d8ce3fa0d9961b.jpg

• Like 3

Damn, someone beat me to it, being the first poster. But all ingredients are now done, now the only remaining thing is sunlight tomorrow :D

• Like 1

Damn, someone beat me to it, being the first poster. But all ingredients are now done, now the only remaining thing is sunlight tomorrow :D

@Titus

titus titus hurry!!!

only one evening left.....

Yesh yesh, going through the selection procedure now! Only 4 pictures left :p

Yesh yesh, going through the selection procedure now! Only 4 pictures left :p

DSC_4657.thumb.jpg.3d23d6bdf3317d035a49eba2d8645b45.jpg

How else can the Dutch Lion be represented than in Clogs, on a cheese, next to some lovely 'bitterballen' and cheese with mustard, served on 'Delfts Blauw'.

And of course, going Dutch, you can split not only the bill of this great snack, you can also split the lion himself :)

DSC_4657.thumb.jpg.3d23d6bdf3317d035a49eba2d8645b45.jpg

Edited by Guest
    • Like 4

Congratulations

@3DCase

Officially, we would like to refrain from approving drug-use but since @Titus missed rule #2:

- Entries must be uploaded in the Print section. (Fill out your settings if you want. The winner agrees to share his settings at the end of the week) you won this contest fair and square :)

(I hope the bitterballen were good though!)

Again I would like to underline to read the rules carefully.

Every week we see some cool entries pass by, but not all are uploaded in the print section.

(Unfortunately), I have to apply the rules, and since this means there was only 1 official entry we can't award the 2 prizes. We'll move the extra prize to another contest in the future.

The next contest will start within a few hours, stay tuned..

Edited by Guest

Awww really? I thought it ended up there automatically :(

Anyway, sharing:

I put the lion in Meshmixer to cut it in 3 parts, measured out into how many red I had left in 1 piece(yeah, this Dutchy didn't want to buy a new spool of red just yet ;)

At first I used the separate shells to remove the ball, as I wanted to replace it with a Bitterbal. But that meant the lion would have to be scaled up, and I didn't have enough red for that :(

Hence the normal print in 3 parts, settings:

Capture.PNG.fa9064bfc984e34da7fe35cc50e11cd9.PNG

Also was thinking about "No EK 2016":

DSC_4661.thumb.jpg.77920c0407bc11bab71d6d2815472be1.jpg

But meh, bitterballen>soccer

Capture.PNG.fa9064bfc984e34da7fe35cc50e11cd9.PNG

DSC_4661.thumb.jpg.77920c0407bc11bab71d6d2815472be1.jpg

• Like 1

For the record and to explore the way of uploading things to the print section:

https://ultimaker.com/en/community/prints/74-failed-entry-community-contest-part-4-going-dutch

The bitterballen were the "oven bitterballen", and actually quite nice, less fat and soaked etc. Bit expensive, but they were Kwekkeboom!

Edited by Guest

@SandervG: Funny contest with only one officially accepted participant... ;)

This reminds me somehow of my study time at the university. There was the rule that a lecture was only to be held if at least two students were present. For one specific lecture only about five or six people applied and so it happened on a Friday morning at 8 that only me was there. The prof came in, got a bit pissed off and told me to come to his office when a second student would have arrived. Well, half an hour later someone really did...

So, what about extending a contest until at least two valid contribution are submitted? The new contest could start anyway...

Please don't get me wrong, I think @3dcase has earned his victory well, but excluding such a nice contribution like that of @Titus due to some lack of formality is maybe a bit too much 'going dutch'...

• Like 1

@Titus, Ohh kwekkeboom, those are nice. Thanks for sharing your information!

@Dim3nsioneer, postponing a contest until we have at least 2 valid contributions doesn't sound fair to the first poster. We start a contest with a certain list of criteria, and we can't just throw them overboard. These contests are all for the Olsson Block, once the promotion is over I am planning to keep doing these contests but over a longer period of time (and with a different prize).

If I bend the rules for Titus now, next week I'll have to bend the rules because it wasn't printed on a 0.4, or because it was uploaded after the contest expired. I don't want to make exceptions because that will make things complicated in the future, and in a way isn't fair to the people who did live up to the rules.

I even used bold letters in the first post to read the rules carefully. ;)

But @Titus, we have a next contest starting today. I am hoping on your contribution again!

And @Dim3nsioneer.. will we see some of your talent as well? :)

The rules also state ;)

"- There will be only 1 prize per contest"

Perhaps you should change that the next time you want to give away 2 prizes :p

Also Sander, in the first edition you said you would look into if an Olson block also fit on UMO's. Did you find anything interesting :) ?

Edited by Guest

The rules also state ;)

"- There will be only 1 prize per contest"

Perhaps you should change that the next time you want to give away 2 prizes :p

Also Sander, in the first edition you said you would look into if an Olson block also fit on UMO's. Did you find anything interesting :)?

.. there is only 1 prize, isn't there :p

And yeah. I thought I also replied, but maybe that was in a different thread.

Anyway, it doesn't work. There are difficulties with the cartridge heater.

I have to talk to @3DCase what he prefers to do with his prize if he doesn't have an Ultimaker 2 (what his profile suggests).

[...]

And @Dim3nsioneer.. will we see some of your talent as well? :)

Depends on what talents are asked in the next contest... ;)

Well ;)... thanks!!!..  woohw I'm a winner :D.

First off all, I did not join for the prize, but more for the fun, liked the contest @Aaronalai { with the beard and the buddy holly glasses, nice guy, don't see him around anymore...)  set up a year ( or more? ) ago.

Now I see why it took @titus so long to upload his print,.. he had to visit the Albert The Heijn again, because he eat to much of his props...

Yesh yesh, going through the selection procedure now! Only 4 pictures left

Officially

Officially, we would like to refrain from approving drug-use

I don't like and have anything to do with any drugs use  (apart from caffeine, nicotine and alcohol , although living in Tilburg might prove otherwise), the blame is totally on @nallath because he posted the Dutch Milkmaid picture.

Did not have a look at the next contest yet, but I don't hope it has anything to do with plugins that would be @dim3nsioneer 's turf.....

@SandervG

once the promotion is over I am planning to keep doing these contests but over a longer period of time (and with a different prize).

I would like it.. Please keep me in the Loop, perhaps with a little more time... 2 weeks or a Month...

I have to talk to 3DCase what he prefers to do with his prize if he doesn't have an Ultimaker 2 (what his profile suggests).

I assume @titus prints the old-fashioned way as well, otherwise I would like to donate the prize to him..( or should I check if the next prize is a UM2?)

Otherwise..

@SandervG

I have to talk to 3DCase what he prefers to do with his prize if he doesn't have an Ultimaker 2 (what his profile suggests).

I'm sure we can find some kind of a solution...

Let's check out the next contest....

Regards Kees (and thanks again for the honour)

Edited by Guest
    • Like 1

@3dcase, yeah I'm also printing on an UMO, with HBK though :) And I wouldn't accept the donation anyway ;) Have to win fair and square.

Also @SandervG, didn't see that new contest up yet :(?