Problem with i don't know what

homagcnc

Posted · Problem with i don't know what

Hello there

My first time writing here

I have an ultimaker original plus for a bit over a year now .

never had the chance to properly use it because of lack of time .

here is my problem

recently i replaced the hot end (all of it , nose alum. block , heater , thermistor everything)

when i am trying to print , the printer stops extruding after a few layer ( 5-10-15 depends on the scale of the object)

When i push the material by hand it flows like a charm , when i use the extruder same thing , works perfect .

But while printing it just stops extruding.

The material gets , lets say , "knoted" on top of the heater where the brown plastic connects with the white guide for the fillament tube.

I hope i gave a good description of what is happening

i have attached a few images to help visualise the problem

Thank you very much in advance

20160202_182838.thumb.jpg.2f778eb26cc31c0f1a95c67087076136.jpg[/media]20160202_182958.thumb.jpg.e0929491b88cb740ac4eb8d8679604cd.jpg

20160202_182838.thumb.jpg.2f778eb26cc31c0f1a95c67087076136.jpg

20160202_182958.thumb.jpg.e0929491b88cb740ac4eb8d8679604cd.jpg

You are missing something. Do you have the PEEK part? It's kind of tannish brown. The bowden tube should go all the way to the white teflon part in this photo. Look at the head from the side versus a photograph. Showing a photograph from the side view of the nozzle/heater block/ head would be helpful.

Yes i got the PEEK part screwed to the hot end isolator below the white coupler . and the "guide" transparent tube goes all the way in the white coupler

here is a photo from the side20160202_201717.thumb.jpg.bfcffe5e11ee89e715cf1432f433ab0a.jpg

20160202_201717.thumb.jpg.bfcffe5e11ee89e715cf1432f433ab0a.jpg

@gr5 there is no bowden Tube, because of this you can not see.:(

I don't understand how the filament gets from the feeder to the print head without the tube? You must have a tube or the filament will never be pushed into the head.

You just need to slide that tube further down until it gets inside the white part.

Like this - this photo is of someone who modified their UMO but the 3 green arrows point to the bowden. It should go ALL THE WAY down to the white teflon part. Not stop higher up.

You can even see some red filament inside the bowden.

a.thumb.png.04035d36a15061e14b67d6e03a52ca51.png

a.thumb.png.04035d36a15061e14b67d6e03a52ca51.png

Another photo - this printer not so modified. Bowden goes all the way down to and inside of white teflon piece:

Ultimaker-Close-Up-e1405940620546.png

I do have the boden tube that guides the fillament to the head

in the first picture you can see it on the backround as i have removed it and inserted material by hand

after 2 days it still does the same thing

i removed everything cleaned everything with a hot air gun , did the atomic thing .

printed once worked fine and thats that .

It is a pretty crucial part of the Ultimaker design, without it you are bound to get in trouble.

Why did you remove it in the first place?

i didn't remove anything

it is there . Just at the time the picture was take i was feeding material manualy so i had to take it out . Just as we speak i am up loading a video on youtube so everybody can have a clear understanding of what is happening.

• Like 1

here is a video . sorry for the shacking

after this video i tried to print something but after 00:13 min same thing hapened , stoped extruding here is a pic of how far the print stopped 20160204_180749.thumb.jpg.341297cd40cc5f6e27504ddebaa5e83f.jpg

any clues would be more than welcome i am starting to lose hope

thank you very much in advance guys

20160204_180749.thumb.jpg.341297cd40cc5f6e27504ddebaa5e83f.jpg

Posted (edited) · Problem with i don't know what

The bowden, must be all the way in into the ptfe coupler... Read the assembly manual again. without the bowden in position it doesn't work. Also you have black goo from nozzle not tight while hot.

image.thumb.jpeg.803c3be9d2dd5398933d1d3b5bf469a9.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.803c3be9d2dd5398933d1d3b5bf469a9.jpeg

Edited by Guest

if you see cearfully at the video at exactly 1:00 you can see a clear shoot that the tube is all the way in and you can hear the extruder working and the material flowing

Ok umm. Why you took out the bowden anyway? It's only good out when doing an atomic pull. Does the bowden stays 'in' while printing or goes out?

Also, never extrude with the bowden not in. Do an atomic, insert it very 'in', clip it. And then pass the filament through the extruder all the way in.

Also again. Make a good photo (not flash) of the aluminium heater top and bottom. I saw black goo on the top part of the aluminium and that happens when the nozzle isn't tight while hoy (video up on my post).

Also. That video don't shows a problem. Except that you should never ever extrude without the bowde all the way in.

the problem is , in my understanding , that the tube always comes out just a few mm , but still in side the white hot end isolator coupler , and the result is hot semi melted fillament pops out and gets knoted as the picture with the purple fillament in the first post .

the question is why is the tube moving out of the isolator coupler ( i have the blue safety clip on top always in place ) and how can i prevent it from happening?

Usually cutting a few 1-2mm on the bowden, you 'renew' the area for the bowden clip to grip it. If you pull the bowden by hand it moves just a few mm or goes out? If so. Cut (very flat cut its hard to do, but it's posible) a few mm and insert the bowden and clip it.

Posted (edited) · Problem with i don't know what

Blue thingy isn't for safety btw. It's to 'lock' the grip on the bowden. Insert the bowden, keeping the preassure on. Use a tweezers on the white grip thingy (so the white thingy grip it's 'on'), then insert the blue clip. If the bowden moves, you need to cut a few mm on the bowden to renew de clip area (the white thingy has some very small metal 'nails' inside).

Edited by Guest

Maybe someone that talks English natively can explain this better than myself :)

ok i got it , it was perfectly explained,

i will try it and get back to you

thank you very much

Let me try: The white sleeve locks the tube in place. When the white sleeve is pushed all the way down, you can slide the tube in. Make sure it goes all the way in. If the end of the tube is in any way deformed, cut off a quarter inch with an exacto or any very sharp knife. Once it is in the correct place, you pull up the sleeve. This sqeezes the sleeve's little teeth together, grabbing and locking the tube. You now secure the sleeve in the up (lock) position with the blue spacer and your bowden tube should not move. There are various replacements for the blue thing on Thingyverse, also for the similar spacer at the feeder end. They are worth a try:

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:46318

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:621862

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

will try those too

thank you very much

I think @neotko and @aggertroll explained it very well :)

Let us know if this held the solution and select the answer as 'Best Answer' which you found most helpful.

Goodmorning

i think it's ok now

i did cut a few mm from the bowden tube and now its running perfect

thank you very much guys

• Like 1