Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
meduza

Ultimaker Original Extended+ (custom build at Stockholm Makerspace)

I just want to show off our new build at Stockholm Makerspace (www.makerspace.se), we got a donation of a UMO+ kit and of course we wanted to mod it ;)

The first thing we did was cutting out new side panels in 6mm birch plywood, wich we made 100mm higher than the original, without the openings on the sides and with holes for the UM2 spool holder instead of the UMO spool holder.

Then we got 100mm longer 12mm linear shafts and a longer screw like the one on the UM2 Extended.

The head got changed to a UM2 head with Olsson block that i had lying around.

e5XThLV.jpg

2fcSSH8.jpg

WG8QrnN.jpg

Edited by Guest
  • Like 4

The only change needed to the physical Ultimaker 2 printhead to use it on the Original is to change out the top plastic piece and rotate the middle and bottom plastic pieces 90 degrees since the axes on the UMO are reversed compared to the UM2.

And yes, with the new drive train upgrade kits hopefully released soon, there will probably be some spare UM2 heads around to use on UMO's in need of upgrades ;)

You can find the replacement top piece we use here: https://www.youmagine.com/designs/um2-printhead-top-for-umo

Edited by Guest