Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
ian

Weird wobble going on ?

my office ultimaker is running really well.

But yesterday, when i print any thing, there seems to be a little graduate wobble appearing on my prints.

see the picture below.

what could the reason for this little annoying thing be ?

thanks guys.

Ian :-)

just a guess, but if the object has little fill with thin walls, skeinforge puts a solid layer down when it thinks it needs extra support inside. maybe at those layers you are getting more shrinking thus creating the narrower layer. as i said, just a guess. maybe try increasing the wall thickness and fill.

I've never seen a print with poor surface quality like that from k'slicer, especially not when you print at 50 microns resolution.

I'm assuming your model has smooth exterior walls? and that your z threaded rod isn't wobbling around madly because it's become unscrewed or something?

oh, and that you've told us what slicer and what settings you used of course ;)

it's PLA right? 230 is pretty hot, tho it shouldn't be doing that. and 70 is pretty slow, so it explains the melted tip at least.

is this a model you can share or on thingiverse? maybe the clue is in the model - those deep bands approx. every 10mm would be the ones to be most worried about. the other irregularities are just due to Cura I'm afraid - you can fix those just by upgrading to k'slicer.

It could be a flow (filament feed) problem.

Can you see any horizontal irregularities inside the ruts?

As others suggested it could be a Cura problem too, did you notice the print changed speeds markedly on or around those layers?