Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Dim3nsioneer

Colorfabb HT co-polyester - why another one?

Today, @colorfabb anounced their new material HT:

http://ht.colorfabb.com/

It's another co-polyester with high glass temperature (100°C). While this is interesting it leads to the question how many slightly different materials we will see from Colorfabb. Will they continue all of them? While such a variety of compounds might be interesting for more professional work, it might confuse consumers.

What do you think about another new material? Do we have some beta testers among us which could shed some light on the new material and tell us how it differs from NGEN and XT apart from the glass temperature?

• Like 2

Well I guess the why is simple, XT and Ngen are not resistant against high temps, XT is 75c, Ngen = 85c, the new stuff is 100c.

My main question, what is the printing temperature needed? will it have decent layer adhesion (I gave up on XT because of layer adhesion issues). I still did not print enough with nGen to say much about it. The amount of shrinking is also interesting to know if it can become a ABS killer ....

Obviously a side to side test vs biofilla pla-tec is pretty interesting...

Edited by Guest

Yeah I don't get why the now have 3. I would have thought that colorfabb would have killed of XT.

Some comparative tests would be nice and or a proper usage chart to show what to select for different applications. But it does say this info is coming soon.

Colorfabb only yesterday send my prize spools. would have been nice to have been able to choose some of this as part of it, but maybe I will have to buy some :(

I think we have reached the point where manufacturers will now continue to flood the market with as many new filaments as they can... with their main aim being market domination rather than giving a 'hoot' about us... I'd go as far to say that it's now very definitely down to us to give each other detailed function vs form type feedback on this forum regarding all the different filaments. A standardized reporting format and section for each manufacturer and each new filament might be a good idea rather than multiple threads all asking the same questions? You can now also count on the manufacturers holding back on certain developments so that they can sell out the products they have already made... shame... but was always going to happen.

Good question by the way Dim3nsioneer!

Edited by Guest