Cura 12.10 - Printrun?

mrts

Posted · Cura 12.10 - Printrun?

Hi,

What happened to Printrun with the new version of Cura?

The reason that I ask is that I use an old PC to (remote~)control my Ultimaker, and my laptop to compile G-Code.

Thanks!

just to add some other details:

- you can have two instances of cura install, no need to deinstall 12.08 to run 12.10. Then you still have printrun

- the last precompiled version of printrun is from march so i believe nothing has changed. If you want the latest release, https://github.com/kliment/Printrun i think they added a web interface, then you need a bit more work and add 5 or 6 other packages. there is the possibility that something has changed and something unexpected happens.

Note that I released 12.11 which fixes the print button bug.

PrintRun in Cura was a temp solution. So that will be gone forever from Cura. You can always install PrintRun from Kliment if you like it.

Do you plan on the next release supporting printing an already generated gcode file?

You can already do this if you load a model and press print. If there was a gcode file with the model it will print it.

Is there any way to set the temperature from Cura? It's kinda handy to switch filament.

You can from the printing interface.

You can already do this if you load a model and press print. If there was a gcode file with the model it will print it.

Ok. But I often have several gcode files for the same model that I've renamed with their parameters. Is it possible to get just a simple load button, or that if you select a gcode from the main window that on load finish it pops you into the print window?

Ok. But I often have several gcode files for the same model that I've renamed with their parameters. Is it possible to get just a simple load button, or that if you select a gcode from the main window that on load finish it pops you into the print window?

I totally agree, Daid's suggestion works in an engineering world, but is utterly not intuitive for the rest of humanity, especially if it is not explained anywhere.

a simple 'load gcode" button will fix this, now that Daid killed off print run from the package (which may not have been the wisest choice at this point of the development stage ).

I totally agree, Daid's suggestion works in an engineering world, but is utterly not intuitive for the rest of humanity, especially if it is not explained anywhere.

a simple 'load gcode" button will fix this, now that Daid killed off print run from the package (which may not have been the wisest choice at this point of the development stage ).

This would be very helpful especially for Gcode of very complex models that cannot be sliced with CURA and are sliced by an other software like netfabb.

Fritz

There is some commented code in the printWindow.py that looks to be a loadFile, but I've yet to look through it to see what it is. I'd be willing to test if Daid let's us know that it actually works, it would save some time. unsupported, undocumented feature kinda thing.

It works, I just disabled the button. With some hacking you could show and enable it again.

I too slice on a fast computer and print on a dedicated one.

I too have multiple versions of G-code from a model so I also really like to have a button that says "Load G-code".

Bertho