First post + Fake Ultimaker :)

Alecsm

Posted · First post + Fake Ultimaker :)

Hi everybody,

I'm so pleased to write my first post here! I'm proud owner of an UM 2+ Extended since ...yesterday :). Great machine, i love it! My dog and my girlfriend are very jealous on my new toy :D. I've spent 2 months of research, hundred of hours of reviews, in order to make the best choice, regarding the best printer for my needs/ budget.

I've just found something funny and i wanted to share it with the UM comunity.

aliexpress fake ultimaker :)) yep, it's true and it's ready for sale ...like adibas or mike :))

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/JennyPrinter3-Z360-with-double-nozzle-extrude-DIY-KIT-Extended-large-For-Original-Ultimaker-2-UM2-Include/32616429426.html?spm=2114.01010208.3.158.rw3BuY&ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_7,searchweb201602_4_10036_10035_10034_507_10020_10001_2030015_10002_10017_10010_10005_10011_10006_10003_10021_10004_10022_10009_10008_10018_10019,searchweb201603_6&btsid=255330d4-b795-46b1-9b44-4fcc6e3585dc

Thanks for this nice product and pls don't kill me if i'll post/ ask stupid questions, i'm a newbie. I've printed my first 3D thing, 3 hours ago :D.

Cheers!

Posted (edited) · First post + Fake Ultimaker :)

I bough the hotend that Jennyprinter sells.

And if this was the crap hotend...

https://ultimaker.com/en/community/17068-making-your-own-ultimaker-what-not-to-buy-on-china-stores-personal-experience?page=2#reply-140223

I can't even imagine how horrible the rest of the machine would be.

Edited by Guest

Hi Alecsm,

I have just purchased the UM 2 Extended + myself a week ago and I am very happy with the quality. Its beats my Makerbot Replicator 2 in pretty much every aspect. Enjoy your printing.

As for the fake, it really annoys me when I see things like this coming out of China. It amazes me that they can quite blatantly rip off someone elses idea with absolutely no consequences. I know UM claims to be open source but this is stretching it a bit far.

Hi Alecsm,

I have just purchased the UM 2 Extended + myself a week ago and I am very happy with the quality. Its beats my Makerbot Replicator 2 in pretty much every aspect. Enjoy your printing.

As for the fake, it really annoys me when I see things like this coming out of China. It amazes me that they can quite blatantly rip off someone elses idea with absolutely no consequences.  I know UM claims to be open source but this is stretching it a bit far.

Thanks! Enjoy your UM too :)

I agree about china fakes.

I bough the hotend that Jennyprinter sells.

The quality is shockingly bad, even though i expected it to be, quite obvious that they dont care. I now now all those people stating they got good prints from those fakes are a total load of crap. It would be nearly impossible for such a poorly constructed clone (lol) to produce anything at all.

The fact that you have to construct yourself it is even worse, you kind of know that kit wont fit together before you buy it, lol.

Posted (edited) · First post + Fake Ultimaker :)

Yes some aliexpress seller just sell without caring. But if you buy as much as I did you find two-three really professional sellers that at least care about what they sell. Ptfe couplers for umo+ for 1.75 and barrels (a key part to fully mod umo for 1.75) are oinly made there. And when you get a good seller stuff works. But it's very rare. For um2 it's even harder since the tolerances are very tight. But the jenny guys just sell pure cloned crap. Good stuff I was able to get a partial refund.

Edited by Guest
    • Like 1

What exactly are the issues with these?

What is different?

I'm regularly using chinese PTFE liners for my UM2extended (no + yet) because I need them fairly regularly and UM only ships with Business 2 Business couriers.

They simply don't work out for my adress and it's easier to pick up a chinese parcel from the next post office then to try and get a B2B curier to deliver on a weekend or after work hours.

Okay, found this.

https://ultimaker.com/en/community/17068-making-your-own-ultimaker-what-not-to-buy-on-china-stores-personal-experience?page=2#reply-140223

* issues with the quality of the nozzle drilling

* fan-duct touching the Olsson block

* the PTFE reaching down into the nozzle

* cracked plastic on extruder

* cheap linear bearings "They drop a black dust and are noisy as hell."

* noisy 5V fans

* thermocoupler cable too short, can't be fully inserted

* spring is not strong enough

* M3 bolt doesn't go into the Olsson block because the hole isn't drilled cleanly

* cabling to the fans was reversed (he fried a transistor when replacing the fan with a better one)

@marcuswolschon

Yes. To make it work I had to spend more cash.

I installed. A 3dsolex ptfe, i2k, real olsson, steel coupler, printed the top part, replaced the 5V fan with a sunon.

The nozzle btw was quite ok. Also the fans, I must say that um2 fans ain't much better, but a bit better. I have change the um2 fans with fancap printed in carbonfill and using x2 40x40x20 fans (in total the weight it's almost the same). Also installed a beta spacer by anders that works perfect.

Oh btw the linear bearings are quite ok IF you drawn them in wd4 to remove all the dirt. They are working just great after a good bath/dry.

image.thumb.jpeg.ca7b97aa1c94db0ef9682a865d14bfaf.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.ca7b97aa1c94db0ef9682a865d14bfaf.jpeg

• Like 2

I have the original UM2 E+ and i have JennyPrinter its call Z360 Dual its exactly the same

print Quality is same , speed , software Cura or and other option , electric board is clone to "Arduino Mega 2560" and the funny thing it accept UM original firmware , and works with Arduino environment .

Price 800 something USD

will i recommend yes if you only can't afford UM.

Cheers