Type of threads on olson block?

mayo77

Posted · Type of threads on olson block?

3dsolex.com you find a list of resellers on this site...

E3d-online.com the v6 nozzles are ok for the olsson block.

Out of my head... I think it's standard m6 thread...

It is a standard M6x1mm thread for the nozzle.

Do not get tempted to buy the cheapest nozzles you can get just because they fit tough, some of them are produced with really crappy tolerances and rough surfaces, and it does affect your extrusion speed and surface quality greatly!

Posted (edited) · Type of threads on olson block?

Those nozzles are often of very bad quality, the inside is not smooth, the small orifice are usually not anywhere near the nominal size, it can easily differ by +/- 0.1mm wich is a huge amount in a nozzle and it can also vary a lot in internal drill depth wich makes the exit hole differ in length which in turn changes the nozzles printing characteristics (pressure, oozing, stringing etc) a lot. And even if one works well, there is no guarantee that the next one will.

I would not spend my time with such trial and error, but you are of course free to try.

Edited by Guest

The big problem with bad quality products for me it's that it adds an uncontrollable factor. Suddenly you get blob, bad top layers, weird walls, and worse of all uncontrollable flow. It's like using bad tires on a ferrary, you can drive but you won't be able to brake properly.

• Like 1

Yeah if they suck it was only 5$ down the tubes so not much of a loss to me anyways. If they are even half decent thats pretty amazing 5 Nozzles for 5$ shipped.. So either way im fine with it I'm not scared to use other stuff i also heard about the don't use other filament minus ... colourfab//faberche/ultimaker ect. I am currently using really dirt cheep filament and it works great in fact even better than a few of the other 3x more expensive brands. So yeah im fine with just testing them out for 5$, if they work out thats about 30 nozzles for the same price as one, if not i lost 5$ , which is pretty minor.

Edited by Guest

You can get 3dsolex nozzles in canada from shop3d.ca.

They have a polished inner surface which gives you much less pressure in the nozzle which gives you much better prints or you can print low quality prints much faster than you would with a normal e3dv6 nozzle.

You can get 3dsolex nozzles in canada from shop3d.ca.

They have a polished inner surface which gives you much less pressure in the nozzle which gives you much better prints or you can print low quality prints much faster than you would with a normal e3dv6 nozzle.

Yup if need be ill do that, but ill try my ebay specials first as they are literally 25 x cheaper. I see no harm in trying, a dollar each, isn't much risk.. I also heard stories people told me about no using low end filament on this forum, and I'm using the lowest end filament i could find, and i find it superior to the name brand stuff that came with my machine. So i dont by all the "this brand" is better hype, until i at least try it, not sure why everyone keeps telling me not to.. its 5$ if they suck oh well, ill get better ones if they are even 1/4 as good i still saved 20$. If they suck , its 5$ who cares....

Edited by Guest