Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
danilius

Cura 2.1 open beta and Ocotprint

Just "thinking loud" about the connection to OctoPrint:

A nice way would be to "hook" in the save button/dropdown something like "Send to Octoprint".

The needed data (API-Key, IP-Adress ...) could be stored in a .cfg file in /profiles - like the material profiles (than with type = octoprint). If such a file (or even more) exists there will be additional entry(s) in the "Save" dropdown.

Would this possible or are my thoughts to utopic or to simple-minded ...

Just "thinking loud" about the connection to OctoPrint:

A nice way would be to "hook" in the save button/dropdown something like "Send to Octoprint".

The needed data (API-Key, IP-Adress ...) could be stored in a .cfg file in /profiles - like the material profiles (than with type = octoprint). If such a file (or even more) exists there will be additional entry(s) in the "Save" dropdown.

Would this possible or are my thoughts to utopic or to simple-minded ...

Someone just made a PR with a OctoPrint Plugin. I'm sure you want to test it.

Didn't realy understand your message - maybe my english is not good enough :(

What is a "PR" ???

A "Pull request". It pretty much means that someone made a bunch of code and is requesting us to pull that code into our release.

• Like 1

There is no UI for it, but it's possible if you change it in the machine definition file.

That's way less than ideal. On the Mac the machine definitions are inside the Cura.app folder/binary so every time a new update comes along it would overwrite the manual changes. And besides, talk about user friendliness...

I assume most users would never guess that Cura 2.x does not support anything else than UltiGCode and if they happen to try OctoPrint - trouble is to be expected.