Help with STL model needed

Posted · Help with STL model needed

Hello all. I have this funnel model that I've been trying to slice, but I get a weird issue. The funnel is as pictured below (it has a slight lip on the inside, on the point where the cone and cylinder meet):

3dviewer.thumb.JPG.e2aab4e13434dfe4ba2b23933c7575c9.JPG

And while it shows just fine when imported in Cura...

cura.thumb.JPG.6cd1d92918c381c56a31bb49ed20ac1b.JPG

... it does't slice correctly (there is a gap where the lip should be, and a round part is shown in the middle):

curalayers.thumb.JPG.64650220dd8bd0235bbb1a5106d03323.JPG

Could someone tell me how to fix this? I only have the file in .3ds format (https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=8EA4064156DCB145!16863&authkey=!AJJ57nA7-20esrY&ithint=file%2c3ds) and I converted it to .stl. Thanks in advance, guys and girls!

3dviewer.thumb.JPG.e2aab4e13434dfe4ba2b23933c7575c9.JPG

cura.thumb.JPG.6cd1d92918c381c56a31bb49ed20ac1b.JPG

curalayers.thumb.JPG.64650220dd8bd0235bbb1a5106d03323.JPG

Hi, tried to download the file to have a look, it does not work... I get an error.

Maybe try the STL instead? https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=8EA4064156DCB145!16864&authkey=!AJ9swrGO7O26huk&ithint=file%2cstl

Maybe one of the "Fix Horrible A-B" boxes it ticked in the expert menu ?

Nope, neither of them is checked.

Maybe one of the "Fix Horrible A-B" boxes it ticked in the expert menu ?

I don't think this will actually do what he wants, as it will probably just close the hole, as netfabb did... worth a try...

Maybe it's even easier to re-create the thing in the application of choice. It does not look to complex...? Especially if you have the measurements, it might be better.

Hi, tried to download the file to have a look, it does not work... I get an error.

Maybe try the STL instead? https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=8EA4064156DCB145!16864&authkey=!AJ9swrGO7O26huk&ithint=file%2cstl

Still the same, says something like "File does not exist or is not anymore available".

I what program did you make this model ?

it might be a non closed surface causing this problem.

some CAD programs like sketchup are not good in creating watertight models.

do you have a preferred CAD that you would suggest besides sketchup?

do you have a preferred CAD that you would suggest besides sketchup?

I used 123D Design very much. If you are a bitt more advanced, Fusion 360. But this is me, the re are many other packages.... just check the forum for threads about cad / modeling.