Cover Kit for Ultimaker 2 and Ultimaker 2+

Posted · Cover Kit for Ultimaker 2 and Ultimaker 2+

Definitely not made by Ultimaker, but I have to say, I have one, and I like it so far. It's similar to the designs on YouMagine. In fact, the black plastic parts are printed in ABS. But it has a fan and filter up in the corner. So far, I've been using it for about 2 weeks for high temperature materials on a UM2+. I appreciate not having to smell any ABS while I work.

Definitely not made by Ultimaker, but I have to say, I have one, and I like it so far. It's similar to the designs on YouMagine. In fact, the black plastic parts are printed in ABS. But it has a fan and filter up in the corner. So far, I've been using it for about 2 weeks for high temperature materials on a UM2+. I appreciate not having to smell any ABS while I work.

Thank you for the feedback! I'm taking delivery of mine today. They talk about replacement HEPA Filters. Do you know where we get these from?

It looks like Dynamism where you found the cover sells the replacement filters for $79 according to their site. I haven't gotten to the point of needing to replacement filter yet.

It looks like Dynamism where you found the cover sells the replacement filters for $79 according to their site. I haven't gotten to the point of needing to replacement filter yet.

Being that this thing is so expensive and can't find it anywhere except at Dynamism I want to get a spare in case they stop carrying this thing. Printing my first ABS from last night. No odor at all and temps inside are maintained perfectly. So far I'm impressed. I will post the link here as to where to get the filter from Dynamism as soo as I can find it. Thanks!

Thanks! I've been pretty impressed with it so far too. I don't print ABS often, but when I print it, I like to raise the temp to 110 and any sort of airflow near the printer without the cover makes it hard.

When I first saw the cover kit, I thought it was awsome... but after reading this thread, I'm not so sure. I don't quite like the idea that it is a 3rd party that is making. Also the fact that it is $400 doesn't help either.

Here in Europe, we can get the "Ulti Top" for roughly 150,00 Euros, Front Doors are 50,00,- (here: http://3dprinterstore24.de/3D-Drucker-Gehaeuse:::383.html or Belgium here: http://www.ideato3d.be/boutique/upgrades/ultitop-for-ultimaker/ ) plus some smart person just released a mod to attach a hepa filter to it here: https://www.youmagine.com/designs/ultitop-filter

Unfortunately i do not know anybody on the US side of the pond selling those.

I am using the UltiTop because of my severe dust problems, the door i must admit i am too lazy to reattach most of the time. I like the top, and i think it helps but cheap it ain't either.

• Like 1