Does anybody had problems with Colorfabb HT? Won't stick well on buildplate :(

Alecsm

Posted (edited) · Does anybody had problems with Colorfabb HT? Won't stick well on buildplate :(

I have tryed lots of prints, with support print were needed, and after 4th-5th layer, the print start to unwrap especially under the support.

I m printing with 260 degrees, 100 d. buildplate, 60 mm/s print speed. I had the same problems with 0.4 and 0.8 noozles.

Fan speed 10%, Flow 100%.

I have tryed w/wo glue or hairspray.

IMG_2145.thumb.JPG.4d9619ca07da8b6c5e5bc1df4ea05a80.JPG IMG_2146.thumb.JPG.c88252ccfeefe483d66f15724a7586d0.JPG

Any suggestions will be welcomed!

IMG_2145.thumb.JPG.4d9619ca07da8b6c5e5bc1df4ea05a80.JPG

IMG_2146.thumb.JPG.c88252ccfeefe483d66f15724a7586d0.JPG

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1

Posted · Does anybody had problems with Colorfabb HT? Won't stick well on buildplate :(

I think they recommend 100 to 110 for the HB temp so maybe give 110 a go.

Posted · Does anybody had problems with Colorfabb HT? Won't stick well on buildplate :(

Up to 120 deg. At what temperature are you printing? Without having it tested on HT higher temperature for the first layer usually also improves adhesion.

I think they recommend 100 to 110 for the HB temp so maybe give 110 a go.

I don't think 10 degrees can have such a big impact ....anyway 100 degrees bed temp is the max bed temp for ultimaker 2+ :(

Up to 120 deg. At what temperature are you printing? Without having it tested on HT higher temperature for the first layer usually also improves adhesion.

i'm printig with max temp supported by ultimaker 260 degrees

For PLA a difference of 10°C in bed temp can make a huge difference in bonding: 60°C is optimal and very strong. At 70°C the model becomes too flexible, so corners can be peeled off the build plate due to warping forces in case of difficult models. At 50°C bonding is clearly less strong, and a few corners may start to lift. At 40°C models may suddenly pop off halfway the print. At 20°C there is no bonding at all. At least, this is my experience, but your's may vary if your circumstances do vary.

For other materials, temperatures will be much different, but I think the same effects will play. You need to find the balance where the bottom layer of the material gets a little bit soft, but not too much, a bit above its glass transition temperature.

I would suggest testing this on a small test design, so you don't waste too much time and filament.

If you created the design, or if you can edit it, you might also try to create the supports manually, or at least their bottom layer. If the bottom layer of the supports would be a solid layer of let's say 0.2mm thick, it should stick much better than individual lines.

• Like 2

If you created the design, or if you can edit it, you might also try to create the supports manually, or at least their bottom layer. If the bottom layer of the supports would be a solid layer of let's say 0.2mm thick, it should stick much better than individual lines.

Yup, I was thinking to try also manual support. Thanks!

I print HT with bedtemp of 80˚C and PVA glue on glass or use buildtak.

Colorfabb also recommend using buildtak..