Buildtak Flexplate

luisito

Posted · Buildtak Flexplate

Hi,

does anyone have tried the new Builtdtak Flexplate ?.

The idea is not new, but I believe is the first commercial solution.

It looks promising. It solves two things: adhesion and easy removal all in one piece.

However, it is pretty expensive.

I did try the Buildtak surface some time ago. The adhesion to the printed parts is so strong that i accidentally broke the surface while removing a part. Theoretically this problem should not happen with the flex base unless the part gets really glued to the base.

Buildtak sells flexplate as 'experimental'. Although The promotional video looks really promising.

The experiment costs 150 Euros. I am glad there are volunteers to try it! :-)

Keep us posted frederiekpascal.

I did try the Buildtak surface some time ago. The adhesion to the printed parts is so strong that i accidentally broke the surface while removing a part. Theoretically this problem should not happen with the flex base unless the part gets really glued to the base.

Buildtak sells flexplate as 'experimental'. Although The promotional video looks really promising.

The experiment costs 150 Euros. I am glad  there are volunteers to try it! :-)

Keep us posted frederiekpascal.

I've paid 99 euros for the flexplate fyi :)

You can order here (although it is not cheap):

https://www.buildtak.eu/product/buildtak-flexplate-system/

Frederiekpascal, where did you order yours?

You can order here (although it is not  cheap):

https://www.buildtak.eu/product/buildtak-flexplate-system/

Frederiekpascal, where did you order yours?

I've ordered it from the Buildtak website yup.

x0PfgPE.png

Hi. Did you get the flexplate already ? Have tried it ?

Nope not yet, keep you posted ;)

I have just received a flexplate. Without wishing to appear dumb, do I stick the magnetic plate to the glass of the build plate or the metal that is normally under the glass?

Boyd

I had the same question and found out by try. You have to glue it on top of the glasplate. DO NOT put it on the aluminium heating plate, it will bend heavily, clips are in the way,... it just doesnt work and is a pain in the a** to remove :-P

As there isnt any feedback yet:

I'using it for some months now and for me, there is no way going back. buildtak has great adhesion. so great that I stopped using it on glass, as i wasn't able to remove parts at all without damage. With the flexplate, i can remove the parts now.

One of my concerns was, that the extra material will make heat transfer worse, so that you have to heat up an extra amount. from what i was able to measure, this no problem, you lose maybe 2°C.

What is supercool: print finished -> take the buildplate out and put it on a cold surface (e.g. window board) and after 10 seconds you can remove the print. The heating can go on in the meantime, so no waiting for the buildplate to reach temperature again for the next job.

If you want glass again, e.g. for its mirrorlike surface, you can just swap the whole flexplate system against a spare glassplate.

I have some extra steel plates at home, which i cut to the right size, so i can experiment with different surface coatings.

I love it, although the price really hurts. I had a deal with my local supplier, that i try it out for them and if i don't like it, they would refund me. without that deal, i hadn't tried it.