Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
neotko

Cura 2.3.0 Autoslice off - Quick Tutorial

Are you one of the many users who need to stop Cura from using the whole CPU as soon you drop a STL to slice? Do you want to enjoy the freedom of being able to change settings without the constant autoslice bullying you?

Very easy:

Quick tutorial to stop Cura from autoslicing at every single change.

How to:

- Change Flow to 1%

- Done!

How to restart autoslice

- Change flow to 100%

- Done!

Easy enough?

So easy I made a video, because this deserves it! a 3 Minutes video! That's how much I enjoy this trick

Note, yea my English is NO BUENO. I know :p

Press Like on this 'idea' to show that you like to be able to stop Autoslice!

(or don't if you love to use more CPU than necessary and you don't care about energy savings or the poor Rain Forest!)

• Like 12

It's not very user friendly, but I'm one of this guy who don't understand why Ultimaker doesn't want to add the possibility to disable the autoslice.

It could be easier to let the choice to the user.

It's going to change at some point, because we have to once we switch to multi-core slicing.

It only slows down when starting the auto slice on Mac, so switching to another OS also fixes the UI stutter ;)

It's not very user friendly, but I'm one of this guy who don't understand why Ultimaker doesn't want to add the possibility to disable the autoslice.

It's going to change at some point, because we have to once we switch to multi-core slicing.

It only slows down when starting the auto slice on Mac, so switching to another OS also fixes the UI stutter ;)

Really @Nallath you want to change the subject to OS?

Save the forest!!!

Really @Nallath you want to change the subject to OS?

Save the forest!!!

Well. You can! If you install Linux on your system you support open source and save the rain forests! That's double good Samaritan points for one single action!

• Like 1

I have no problem with "autoslice". It's the "pre-slice" aka "preparing to slice" that kills the user interface for me (for 30 seconds with some models).

I keep my house cool so all extra CPU energy ends up keeping my tiny office warm and allows me to heat the rest of the house less. So at least half the year it doesn't waste any energy for me.

I have no problem with "autoslice". It's the "pre-slice" aka "preparing to slice" that kills the user interface for me (for 30 seconds with some models).

I keep my house cool so all extra CPU energy ends up keeping my tiny office warm and allows me to heat the rest of the house less. So at least half the year it doesn't waste any energy for me.

So is more efficient to use Cura heating the computer. Cool nice tip for winter!