UMO+ screw terminal for heater cartridge and heated bed wires missing

michaelwegelin

Posted · UMO+ screw terminal for heater cartridge and heated bed wires missing

Hi all,

I am in the final stage of assembling my UMO+ and I want to attach the heater cartridge wires and heated bed wires to the main board. However, there is no screw terminal, just the naked pins:

IMG_20161116_073652.thumb.jpg.db02cc088d312af694268480990c6448.jpg

Should I just solder the wires to the pins? Can I buy the missing screw terminals somewhere? What exactly do I need to buy? Where?

Thank you very much for your help.

Yours baffled,

Michael Wegelin

IMG_20161116_073652.thumb.jpg.db02cc088d312af694268480990c6448.jpg

Holy!

I would contact my reseller Asap for a fix/replacement

Maybe some new very hard DIY ? That does look normal at all.

Also don't solder it, you don't want to loose the 1 year warranty

The newest boards have detachable connector blocks. They come off in pairs and just slide onto those pins. But yes, contact your seller so that they can get that sorted out for you. If they have any spare boards in stock they can just pull those blocks off for you and send them to you in an envelope.

Umm, this kind of stuff should be added on the UMO+ manual, or at least someone could post it to the moderators? @sandervg ?

@IRobertI do you have an image of the connector block outside the board? Maybe @michaelwegelin can check on the UMO+ box to see if the block is around dancing and he might be able to 'click' it ?

@michaelwegelin @IRobertI passed me this photo

Did you saw any connector like this around?

IMG_3479.thumb.JPG.51be50348af01a268d61406f3e6aa26c.JPG

IMG_3479.thumb.JPG.51be50348af01a268d61406f3e6aa26c.JPG