nmeulemans

UM3 print cores different height

Posted · UM3 print cores different height

I was just installing the UM3. When inserting the second (BB) print core I noticed it comes lower than the first (AA) one. From the few pictures I find on the internet, that seems normal. But I can't say it feels normal. Anyone who can say more about this?

Is normal. The lift mechanism changes the height of the second core.

The 2 Cores should always have a height difference of about 1.5mm to prevent the Core that's not in use from running into the print. The left hand Core is static and the right hand Core moves up and down with the use of the switching bay as neotko said.

• Like 1

If I print something with 2 print cores (main and support structure) the lower print core then destroys whatever the higher print core prints. Even though you can move the second print core up and down manually by using the lever, I don't think that should be necessary during printing, right?

Is there anything I have to consider before printing a project using both print cores?

When you use the second printcore the printer will lower it when used and lift it again when unused, so there is no collision between the nozzles and the print.

• Like 1

So I figured out the lever was not calibrated and the printcore didn't move up. After watching a youtube video on how to actually do the "calibrate lift switch" calibration, everything turned out fine and the printer is back to normal. Thanks anyway.