PRINTING PROBLEM

jamado

Posted · PRINTING PROBLEM

MATERIAL (PLA) STOPS FLOWING OUT AND IT GETS A CERTAIN FORM THAT DOESN' LET THE MATERIAL RETRACT TO BE CHANGED I HAVE TO GET THE BOWDEN TUBE OUT AND PULL IT FROM THE HOT SIDE END . ALREADY CLEANED THE HOT PART AND SAME PROBLEM OCCURS AFTER THAT. I DON' T KNOW WHAT OR WHERE THE PROBLEM IS OR WHAT TO CHANGE . PICTURE OF THE MATERIAL ENCLOSED.IMG_9261.thumb.jpg.fe92af62e9c20f9525f8a31976ca8765.jpg

IMG_9261.thumb.jpg.fe92af62e9c20f9525f8a31976ca8765.jpg

I'm pretty sure it's the 3rd fan. You may have never even noticed the 3rd fan but I think it stopped working - probably a problem in the cable. As soon as the head gets above 40C the 3rd fan in the rear of the head should come on. I think it's not. If it's broken then slide up the protecting cover and there's probably a loose wire or connector that came disconnected up above the head.

It looks like the bowden tube isn't seated all the way down in the TFM coupler. Remove the filament and push the bowden tube in all the way--you should see the collet marks on the tube disappear. With downward pressure on the tube, raise the white collet up and slip the blue clip into place.

• Like 1

already done that and still happening the same thing.

Thanks

j.amado

Looks to me like seepage between the end of the Bowden tube and the PTFE coupler, when you put the Bowden tube back in place ensure that it is all the way home into the head

The fan is working akwardly in an intemitent way. But I don not know how to check what the problem might be. It' the only thing I see is wrong with the printer. I' going to change the TFM coupler and if the problem persists how can I change or test or repair that fan?? I' really stuck and frustrated.

Thanks for takin the time

J.AMADO

I'm pretty sure it's the 3rd fan.  You may have never even noticed the 3rd fan but I think it stopped working - probably a problem in the cable.  As soon as the head gets above 40C the 3rd fan in the rear of the head should come on.  I think it's not.  If it's broken then slide up the protecting cover and there's probably a loose wire or connector that came disconnected up above the head.

Already done that and nothing got better , thanks for the reply

j.amado

It looks like the bowden tube isn't seated all the way down in the TFM coupler. Remove the filament and push the bowden tube in all the way--you should see the collet marks on the tube disappear. With downward pressure on the tube, raise the white collet up and slip the blue clip into place.

I've already try that but the problem persists.

Thanks for taking the time

j.amado

And if somehow you feel the bowden does not stay in place like it should, just cut of 5 mm from the end, so the 'teeth'in the headconnector have a new place to 'grip' the bowden.

The rear fan depending how old your machine is works slightly differently, if its an early machine (like mine) it is on all the time more modern ones it comes on at about 40 degrees, so that should make it easy for you to check its function.

I have had many problems with the wire connectors for all three fans on the print head (the two side fans are wired in series), they are crimped on to a connector block inside the mesh at the top of the print head. So if you can get the rear fan working and you wobble the mesh if the fan stops then that is the problem.

In my case I have soldered all of the wires and that problem is now resolved completely.

What stu said. Slide up the mesh and/or take apart the head until you find all the fan connectors. There are 2 connectors for the side fans connected by a loop wire. There may be an unused connector (for the 2nd extruder which never happened) and there should be a connector for the rear fan. Jiggle that. Push and pull on it. Play with it. If the fans turn on and off repeatedly while touching it then one of the wires is probably very loose. Tug gently on each wire and if one comes off - then that was the problem. Consider soldering it all together. Sometimes you can just physically push it all together better and move the assembly to an area where the head can move to the 4 corners and the rear fan keeps working. Sometimes you have to take it all apart. One solution is to just cut out the connectors completely for the 3rd fan and solder the wires together (and cover with heat shrink!). If you do cut the wires or dissasemble cut the power first so you don't destroy your PCB by shorting the wires together.

• Like 1