Will a hardened print core be available soon?

brandf

Posted · Will a hardened print core be available soon?

I really like the Ultimaker 3, however my only hesitation is that I'd like to be able to print NylonX, which is apparently too abrasive for a brass nozzle.

Will there be a print core with a hardened nozzle available soon?

Something like this:

http://olssonruby.com/

• 1 month later...

Thanks Didier but I was hoping for official ultimaker nossels as I like the 'plug and play' profiles that are available with the UM3. Are there any estimated dates for different sized cores?

Kind Regards

0.8mm nozzles will be released soon. Profiles are already in Cura.

Well if you are only going to print 0.4mm I can sell you a core with a 0.4mm ruby nozzle where the eeprom reports as a AA 0.4 so you don't have to type in the nozzle diameter (although really, how much works is it to enter a single number, "line width" into cura). I have one hardcore left in the store (will have a few more in a week or so) and plenty of UM3 ruby nozzles. So contact me soon if you want me to reserve the last HC for you: thegr5store _at_ gmail.com. If you send me your existing core then you can save money and also might be able to get away with not calibrating when you get it back as the x,y and z shouldn't change. Or I can send you a fresh new core.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 18 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies