(Want to buy) Ultimaker 2 feeder

Posted · (Want to buy) Ultimaker 2 feeder

Hi,

I'd be very interested in buying an old UM2 feeder if anyone as one lying around. Perhaps after a 2+ upgrade.

Could buy one new of course buy might as well ask first. :-)

Actually I only need the spring and the ball bearing. The rest could be thrown away.

Could buy similar parts new but I would like all feeders to be consistent so genuine parts would be preferable.

If anyone has suggestions for where those two parts could be bought will of course also be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Check the model of the parts needed and google or check ebay for spring/bearing model.

Thanks, I have already done so actually.

It's very cheap, which is nice. But there is no way of telling what quality I will get. There's also the problem with the spring that, at least on my UM2, it has been grinded flat. I could do that of course, it would just be much easier and consistent from a quality perspective to get hold of genuine parts.

Cheers

I guess 3dverkastan the um dealer in Sweden should have these parts on stock....

But why do you still use the old feeder? I would really advice to upgrade to the +feeder... which I'm sure you can also buy from an um reseller.

• Like 1

Posted (edited) · (Want to buy) Ultimaker 2 feeder

I guess 3dverkastan the um dealer in Sweden should have these parts on stock....

But why do you still use the old feeder? I would really advice to upgrade to the +feeder... which I'm sure you can also buy from an um reseller.

3dverkstan even refused to sell me a complete feeder, let alone the parts in it (didn't ask). Suggested I buy the upgrade kit, which of course isn't nearly what I asked for and also a bit expensive for someone who already has the olsson block.

Should be pointed out that I did ask for three other parts that are in the upgrade kit (updated belt clips, feeder motor and a plastic part of the head that is broken) and they had no chance of knowing I already had the olsson block. So it wasn't an unreasonable suggestion. But still wasn't what I asked for.

Still waiting on a reply from 3dprima.

I use a gearboxed version of the IrobertI that I am incredible happy with so far. And it costs about €10 to build. Apart from these two parts if course.

Cheers

Edited by Guest
    • Like 1

I can confirm, that ordering a UM 2+ feeder "standalone" is somehow not possible (i asked the german reseller iGo3D). I already installed the Olsson Block long time ago. I will now probably go with the Bondtech feeder although I like the slim design of the 2+ feeder a little bit more.

I can confirm, that ordering a UM 2+ feeder "standalone" is somehow not possible (i asked the german reseller iGo3D). I already installed the Olsson Block long time ago. I will now probably go with the Bondtech feeder although I like the slim design of the 2+ feeder a little bit more.

I am so far very happy with the IrobertI feeder and a Meduza belt drive gearbox. Total cost, except for printed parts, would be about €15 plus 40mm of 5mm rod here in Sweden. I had to buy 1500mm rod so it was pretty expensive but I can use it for other stuff. Also had about half of the other stuff lying around.

Price on ebay would be much less of course but I wanted to get up and running quickly.

The bondtech extruder has a very good reputation. Personally I don't have any clear use for it right now but it is possible that I will in the future.

Cheers

Edited by Guest

Seems pretty clear they prefer to sell you an upgrade kit. Think it's policy not to promote the standalone feeder but when asked they should sell you one, the complete kit is an Ultimaker spare part. IMHO it's pretty dumb that they push you towards bondtech...

You can always just order the parts... will be much more annoying for them to supply :) if you do this check the bom/step of the UM2+ think there are 2 parts you need 2 off....

item nr.

1279 Feeder Ring

1960 Grip Axis

1961 Idler Spring

1962 Tension Indicator

1963 Feeder casing Part A-left

1965 Feeder casing Part B-left

1967 Feeder lever part A

1968 Feeder lever part B

1969 Spur gear 1M 11T

1970 Spur gear 1M 36T

1971 Threaded standoff

1972 Idler wheel

1973 Bearing idler wheel

1974 Bearing feeder axis

1976 Filament Guide Insert

thegr5store.com sells a kit with the Meduza geared stuff. I bet they would be willing to sell original UM2 feeder parts. They are in the US though.

SyntaxTerror had the parts I needed so this has been solved.

Thanks everyone.

• Like 1

Hey man ,  I don't know if you came right already but if you just looking for just the basic upgrade. the motor and plate and feeder check out this website below. if you end up buying it and they don't have your country in the list, just email them and they will send you a quotation with shipping to your country i hope it helps

https://www.makerpoint.nl/en/ultimaker-feeder-upgrade-um2.html

Edited by Guest

Hey man ,  I don't know if you came right already but if you just looking for just the basic upgrade. the motor and plate and feeder check out this website below. if you end up buying it and they don't have your country in the list, just email them and they will send you a quotation with shipping to your country i hope it helps

https://www.makerpoint.nl/en/ultimaker-feeder-upgrade-um2.html

Thanks. Not exactly what I was looking for and SyntaxTerror is hooking me up with the stuff I need.

Would have been better than buying the complete kit though.

Cheers