Using Colorfabb NGen filloment.

Lukephos

Posted · Using Colorfabb NGen filloment.

I'm trying it and am having some issues that I'm not sure how to fix. First there is a small gap in parts between the wall and the infill. I cant really say if its in only happening on one axis or anything since its only little bits that do it, either way there are some gaps and I have no idea what to do for that. The walls layers also seem to have small gaps between them in bits as well. The main issue though that's making me have to abandon prints is that any infill grid wont print right, looking more like stringing than actual lines of filament. I'm not sure what to do for it but I'm guessing I need to increase the temperature to help with these issues since I've already upped flow rate when there where gaps between the lines of filament being laid down. Sorry that I've explained it so poorly but I hope the idea came across fine.

First, please show us a photo, it helps big way.

Second, if increasing the temp helps, then there's a feeding issue. It can be a big number of things, but the main suspects are Ptfe/tfm coupler near its end of life, feeder full of dust making less grip on the filament, bowden curvature + end of spool adding extra pressure.

The fix is. For coupler, get a new one. For feeder, open and clean.

This and a huge number of other possibilities (and how to fix them) are covered at the http://support.3dverkstan.se/article/23-a-visual-ultimaker-troubleshooting-guide

The symptoms you describe (gap between infill and walls, stringy thin infill) both describe underextrusion. There are many causes but the first thing -- what temp did you use (as @yellowshark asks)