I keep getting segfaults when running cura

mozzarella2

Posted · I keep getting segfaults when running cura

Alright, so here's the thing. I have always experienced segfaults when *closing* cura, but that wasn't too bad because… well, I was closing it anyway. But now I experience segfaults when *launching* cura, which is a bit troublesome. The weird part is that I haven't updated cura since the change. I believe some system updates have made the segfaults happen earlier.

I am running cura 2.4 on fedora 25, using the AppImage files. My friends in #fedora on freenode have said that they do not experience segfaults, even though they are using the same OS and same AppImage file. Can someone help me troubleshoot this thing? I really liked cura and I don't want to use some other slicer.

Hi,

I have the same issue happening...

I have a laptop and desktop both running fedora25 ,

Cura 2.4 appimage is working fine on laptop

But crashes on start on the desktop when creating the window (after the splash screen)... a segfault.

I can help troubleshooting if necessary, just let me know what to do.

Thanks and regards

I think it's this one:

libglvnd-devel

I had the exact same problem, and installing that package fix it, so I can confirm that installing the libglvnd-devel package fixes the segmentation fault.

I was getting segfaults running Cura AppImages on Fedora 26.

I started with the latest at the time 2.6.2 and then tried 2.6.1 and 2.6.0. I was getting the same segfault.

Installing the libglvnd-devel package fixed them.

Thank you!

I had the same problem on Devuan Linux (latest Ascii release). Unfortunately, the libglvnd-devel library doesn't exist on that distribution and, because I had installed the latest Nvidia drivers directly, the equivalent packages didn't work either.

I found the source code for the library on GitHub: https://github.com/NVIDIA/libglvnd

I then followed the instructions to download and build. I then had to run "sudo make install" to install the new libraries.

With that done, Cura starts and runs nicely.

For what it's worth, Cura 2.6.2 runs fine... but still segfaults on exit (every time - Devuan Linux "Ascii", basically Debian 9 "Stretch" without systemd).

Interesting I also have NVidia drivers installed..

However, I don't think you need the *-devel package. The regular libraries shall be enough.

Haha, after installing libglvnd-dev on Ubuntu I get the same.

But now after installing

Screenshot_20171019_213843.thumb.png.f3f17a757426e833828f09179e49f951.png

my cura crashes immediately :O

thopiekar@home:~$ cura

Speicherzugriffsfehler (Speicherabzug geschrieben)

However, using the PPA here...