lampmaker

Cura- concentric first and last layer only?

Posted · Cura- concentric first and last layer only?

I like the concentric infill on top/bottom layers from an aesthetic point-of-view, but don't like them from a strength point-of view.

Would it be possible to choose a regular infill for top/bottom layers, but select concentric for only the very first and last layer?

Posted (edited) · Cura- concentric first and last layer only?

Not sure what you are asking. Here is a screen shot where you can choose the top and bottom layers (concentric and lines, etc) but the infill is different.

Concentric.jpg

Edited by Guest

I think he's wanting just the first and last layer to be Concentric, not all the top/bottom layers:

1: Concentric

2: Lines

3: Lines

4: Infill

5: Infill

6: Lines

7: Lines

8: Concentric

Because concentric looks like but provides less strength than Lines.

Exactly what I meant.

use concentric for only two layers (very top and very bottom). Regular line infill otherwise.

Well, as you can see in the pic I posted, you can at least choose the bottom layer only for that (Bottom Pattern Initial Layer). Just not the top.

Would be a nice thing to do though as I do prefer the way the concentric patterns look opposed to the other choices as well.